Archived Assigned Check Lanes

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store was too busy and had way too many cashiers for that to work. We had assignments but they changed frequently.

This thread cracks me up. We have so many cashiers and back up being called every two seconds making this impossible in my store. On a weekend we will have almost every lane open. I got called for back up the other day and the GSA had me jump on lane 9. The cashier next to me on lane 7 went on break. Another finished her break and jumped on seven. Once I was done the cashier who was on 7 jumped on 9. The next time I got called for backup I took an express lane. Just a typical day in my store.

Yeah we had 28 registers (AA+ volume super-target) and we had so many cashiers that it would be impossible for the same cashier to get the same register every time.

I would actually love a W formation. It would be so much easier to pull people to a new lane when you go up for back up. Currently cashiers are usually on the back lanes. This forces backup to take people from the last cashier's lane to the next lane further out (easiest method) or they have to get a whole line of people to scoot back so that they can check out the next person in the backed up line...then people have to choose if they stay at the backed up register or just stay in your line now. Stacked lanes confuse people and without a GSTL/GSA speedweaving...things turn into a cluster fast. At least if you're in the W formation, backups can pull people to open lanes much easier. For most backed up stacked lanes in a W formation, the backup cashier could either pull people to the lane ahead of the cashier or to the lane next to the cashier thus avoiding all the scooting back.

Sorry if this post makes absolutely no sense. I'm a little out of it.

The W would never work at our store since the back lanes have less space between each one than the front lanes do. When our GSTL transferred here from his old store, he tried this and found that it definitely didn't work.

We usually try to use the front lanes as much as possible, but since our registers are still either crashing constantly or the card readers just randomly stop working, we end up having mostly back lanes open. There have also been a couple of times where we have been insanely backed up, but there was a cashier/backup on every working register so there was literally nowhere to put backup cashiers.

When I was at Wally we would isolate certain cashiers if there is a track record of overages/shortages on registers they shared previously or if there was an AP situation. We would audit the drawer during their breaks and lunches. If it's all good in a few days they are free to go back into the pool.

I can't believe how anyone can just hop on any register...

Yeah we had 28 registers (AA+ volume super-target) and we had so many cashiers that it would be impossible for the same cashier to get the same register every time.
That's so many! But do you think it has condensed since you left? We used to have 24 now we have 13 lol.

I can't believe how anyone can just hop on any register...

Do you really think Target would give more payroll to the stores to have someone count all the drawers between cashiers? Then you factor in back-up cashiers and it becomes a complicated mess.

Target just doesn't run its front end like a grocery store. They cut as many corners as they can get away with.

When I was at Wally we would isolate certain cashiers if there is a track record of overages/shortages on registers they shared previously or if there was an AP situation. We would audit the drawer during their breaks and lunches. If it's all good in a few days they are free to go back into the pool.
I wonder if this is an issue currently at my store....we recently started having a couple of TMs on lanes we rarely used before. When one left for the day, they closed down the lane and wouldn't let someone coming up for backup use it???

There's a super near us that had that many lanes but in all the times I shopped there I never saw more than six open at a time.
Ridiculous.

I wonder if this is an issue currently at my store....we recently started having a couple of TMs on lanes we rarely used before. When one left for the day, they closed down the lane and wouldn't let someone coming up for backup use it???
99.999% sure this is the case. When one left today, I saw them pulling her drawer and "closing" her register. Can't think of any other reason they would be doing that in the middle of the day....

That's exactly what it was for.
I used to do drawer audits for AP.

It's for ap purposes. Someone is stealing cash out of a drawer so they're keeping everyone to 1 lane to catch him/her.
Nope, not everyone, just 3 people that I've noticed. The LOD DID use 1 tonight to ring out my dinner because we were swamped & I was using a CC, though....her exact words were "one CC sale won't matter, just don't tell anyone..."

Assigned registers no but there is this one older that demands that she is on a particular register everyday and if someone is on her register uh-oh let's just say she pitches a fit and says this is my register! Okay.... Chill.......

aaf_shifty.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back