Archived Attitude/demeanor changes when becoming TPS/AP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any notice when a tm get transferred to a TPS/AP position, their demeanor totally changes?

As a tm, they are fun to talk to, friendly, outgoing etc. But as TPS, they act all tough and cool and only talk to you if they need something...

And why do AP always dress in black/dark clothing? It's a little too noticeable and I can tell if their AP or not.

Does any notice when a tm get transferred to a TPS/AP position, their demeanor totally changes?

As a tm, they are fun to talk to, friendly, outgoing etc. But as TPS, they act all tough and cool and only talk to you if they need something...

And why do AP always dress in black/dark clothing? It's a little too noticeable and I can tell if their AP or not.

Most of the AP/TPS in my store were in that position from when I began at Spot however the one who transfered from Sales Floor is still pretty cool to talk to. Sometimes if you go to approach them they could be watching someone and that may be why you get a feeling they are annoyed by your presence. Most of the other AP/TPS at my store are friendly as well. Your situation may be unique!

when you learn all the TM's dirty little secrets, your attitude would change as well.

I got hired as an external candidate when I was a TPS.. Based on my experience, it's much easier to hire from outside than promote within. When TM's have too many friends within the store, it is actually against their best interest-- due to the possibility of a TPS looking the other way for their "friends." So to avoid all that, ETL-AP's hire external candidates. And as for your question as to why the demeanor changes, well that's because there is a lot of responsibilities that come along with the role-- way more than just walking the sales floor (what TM's see). At the end of the day, the role has a emphasis on prevention and deterrence, and providing a safe and secure environment, which is why they are in a uniformed role. The expectations for a TPS are much higher than a TM, so they have to make sure they're mature, brand, and always representing the company in a positive manner. Plus they deal with law enforcement and respond to crisis situations.. I wouldn't want some dumb, ignorant, clueless TPS to respond to an emergency freaking out.. TPS' have to be able to control their emotions. Think about it this way.. there are many TM's in a store (wearing red and kacki), and only a few (sometimes just one) TPS' .. if a guest has a bad experience, they're going to remember the uniformed employee over the sea of red and kacki. At the end of the day, we're all here to work and earn the company money.. friendship and all that takes a backseat when you're working.. we come to work to get the job done, not to socialize. Don't take it personally, it's just business.

True! A TPS should be friendly and helpful, but he/she is also keeping an eye on fellow Team Members. That shouldn't be obvious, though.

I heard that for every dollar Target invests in AP they save 7.

ive noticed the changes with anyone who takes a higher position.... i guess its just the way to show that they are "serious" now or something.. lol..

The AP team at my store is great. I'm friends with all of them and they dress in black so when potential thieves walk in, they know there is security. Also, they may seem like they don't like you but they are actually busy watching someone and you won't be able to tell.

Alot of times mid conversation they would just start walking away from me talking into their mic.

ive noticed the changes with anyone who takes a higher position.... i guess its just the way to show that they are "serious" now or something.. lol..

This happened noticeably with one of our TMs. But that's because he was becoming a TL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back