Audit app

Today, I was auditing my department and tried to change the capacity but when I tapped on capacity it wouldn’t allow me to do that. Before, the capacity was in blue and when tapped it would allow you to change it. Now, only the count could be changed. I was told I would have to go to EXF to change the capacity since only the count is changed via the audit app. Is this true? And when did this change occur?

Today, I was auditing my department and tried to change the capacity but when I tapped on capacity it wouldn’t allow me to do that. Before, the capacity was in blue and when tapped it would allow you to change it. Now, only the count could be changed. I was told I would have to go to EXF to change the capacity since only the count is changed via the audit app. Is this true? And when did this change occur?
You are not supposed to do any more audits that came down with the new rollout . You have to purge your backroom first and then you do it thru the exf

What does purging mean exactly? And how is it done?
You can do it few ways , best way to purge is drop manuals to fill for depth. Ie you chose otc you scan one item you click on exf and on the top corner on left will show fill pharm then you have options of what to drop : expected sales , capacity , d-code , depth etc . Depth will be for all the aisle that you have otc , like my store has 10 aisles just for otc. Once you drop it a batch will drop in move app as fill pharm. if you haven’t done manuals in your store expects huge dpci with even bigger eaches .

You are not supposed to do any more audits that came down with the new rollout . You have to purge your backroom first and then you do it thru the exf
This sounds false. Audit is the only way to correct the counts for things that were stolen, damaged, never arrived, etc. And Best practice still says you are supposed to audit every out every day in food for example.

I was told no more auditing either, aside from the task list stuff or if they ask me to do an area for some reason. I used to do the all store audit by myself every Sunday, and now they're putting me on "priority 1" stuff instead. I don't mind that, but I'm going to miss my audit days.
Our leads said that the higher ups seem to think that auditing is what's causing Distribution to keep sending us ridiculous amounts of things we already have tons of in stock and in back, and they seem to think Distribution already knows what we are out of and it's pointless to scan that stuff. I don't know about other stores, but as far as ours goes, I don't believe that for a second, and our leads don't either. But that's what they were told has to be done.

This sounds false. Audit is the only way to correct the counts for things that were stolen, damaged, never arrived, etc. And Best practice still says you are supposed to audit every out every day in food for example.
Our group direction is only the SD and AP leader can audit going forward. Everyone else purge with EXF.

If we push an item, something in pets for example, and the floor count is drastically different than what is actually on the floor, should we update it in EXF or just leave it? I can picture it being an issue where the shelf is empty but it doesn't have us pull any because it still thinks the shelf is half full.

Nothing pertaining to this has been relayed to us. So, no more auditing in the audit app, instead drop a manual?

They're going to have to pry the audit app from my cold, dead hands. It would be great if salesfloor TMs would drop manuals and fill the shelves, then fix their counts with exf. But, since they aren't being given anywhere near the hours to do that I have this one weird trick to keep INFs to a minimum and OPU goal times in the green: Every shift audit a few of the more problematic aisles between batches.

The absolute biggest source of OPU's inf problem (such that it has one) is that the website encourages people to use pick up for items that we are not likely to actually have in stock. Only 2 left. Pick it up in [store x] today! That's a siren call that our online shopping addicts cannot resist. Audit nips that problem in the bud.

Or, I guess we could just let people keep ordering shit we don't have in a location and wonder why our metrics are bad.

Last edited:
I was told no more auditing either, aside from the task list stuff or if they ask me to do an area for some reason. I used to do the all store audit by myself every Sunday, and now they're putting me on "priority 1" stuff instead. I don't mind that, but I'm going to miss my audit days.
Our leads said that the higher ups seem to think that auditing is what's causing Distribution to keep sending us ridiculous amounts of things we already have tons of in stock and in back, and they seem to think Distribution already knows what we are out of and it's pointless to scan that stuff. I don't know about other stores, but as far as ours goes, I don't believe that for a second, and our leads don't either. But that's what they were told has to be done.
The dc will always send you ridiculous amounts of stuff whether you audit it or not. But you’ll be out of one item everybody wants for months.

I like how whenever I try to correct salesfloor qtys as I go, it ends up burning through time like napalm on thermite. Get done with one aisle, look at the time and 8 hours have flown by almost fast enough to violate causality. I'm gonna have to delegate this monumental task to the salaried time lords known as ETLs, who exist outside linear time as we mortals understand it.

Our leads said that the higher ups seem to think that auditing is what's causing Distribution to keep sending us ridiculous amounts of things we already have tons of in stock and in back, and they seem to think Distribution already knows what we are out of and it's pointless to scan that stuff. I don't know about other stores, but as far as ours goes, I don't believe ios but that for a second, and our leads don't either. But that's what they were told has to be done.

Day,

I had some serious computer issues with my desktop a few days ago bcz of an APP full of virus. A tech support guy told me to remove all the Apps from my desktop ,i restart it but then again I had some serious computer issues, the tech guy thentold me to unplug the wide ribbon-looking cable (sorry I don't know the tech term), and plug it in again. That was my hard drive. He said that sometimes it gets jostled and comes loose. That actually fixed my problem.

Back