Archived Auto and home insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone get a mailing about home and auto insurance? I think it’s through a company called Mercer and they do paycheck payment deductions. Is it legit? The website address is very simple lol. Carandautoplans

Was going to look into it if it was legit.

I'd go w a more reputable and well known company. Is Target selling their employees personal information now?

"A" rating is good. Might want to Google what people think of their claim service.

Mercer isn’t the insurer, from my understanding, but more of a middle man. They get quotes from like 4 companies and get a cut from the company if you purchase through them.

For the hell of it I set up an account by putting in my employee number. My name and start date popped up. Seems legit. The quote I got was slightly less expensive for slightly better insurance. They do payroll deductions so I’ll have to call in the am to see what it’s all about. The quoted price is as if there are 4 pay weeks in a month, when some months have 5. I’d have to make sure that they only deduct for 4 weeks a month. Definitely considering it. Is this a win for target?

Mercer merged with United Fire in 2010, unless the offer you got was from a different company also named Mercer.
They sell prop and casualty insurance through independent agents. From my quick look online they appear to just sell Mercer products just like an Allstate agent just sells Allstate policies, and is different from an independent insurance agent that sells policies from multiple insurance companies.

Last edited:
Mercer merged with United Fire in 2010, unless the offer you got was from a different company also named Mercer.
They sell prop and casualty insurance through independent agents. From my quick look online they appear to just sell Mercer products just like an Allstate agent just sells Allstate policies, and is different from an independent insurance agent that sells policies from multiple insurance companies.
They gave quotes from 4 different agencies, travelers and MetLife and a couple others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back