Archived Availability change, when/how will I know if it's been approved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I'm pretty much done with Target and am looking for another job as every day I go in things keep getting worse and really I wish I could just quit, but that wouldn't look good for other employers, so I'm trying to be responsible.

Anyway, I requested an approval change saying I couldn't work weekends and some wednesdays, the reason being is my grandmother's health is in decline and I need to help my mom/family out in taking care of her on weekends and watching her because apparently no one else in my family can help those days. Plus there are some other things going on in my life that I really just don't want to go into, but I just need weekends off. If only for my own sanity (and that's literal). I sent this request early last week, and they posted the new schedule and I'm still going to be working weekends two weeks out. Is there any place on Ehr I can see when it is approved? Or if it has or hasn't yet?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but just requesting weekends off is likely to be denied. Its when the store is busiest and we need all hands on deck.

Now it sounds to me like you have a legitimate reason for asking. You should immediately talk to your ETL who ultimately gets to decide whether to accept it or not. Talk to them in person so they understand youre not just trying to dodge when the store is busy.

If they are unsympathetic your ETL HR might be willing to hear you out.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but just requesting weekends off is likely to be denied. Its when the store is busiest and we need all hands on deck.

Now it sounds to me like you have a legitimate reason for asking. You should immediately talk to your ETL who ultimately gets to decide whether to accept it or not. Talk to them in person so they understand youre not just trying to dodge when the store is busy.

If they are unsympathetic your ETL HR might be willing to hear you out.

It was denied. Literally explained my situation with tears in my eyes (wasn't expecting that) and her response was 'we are busiest on weekends, so either you come in you'll get fired. It's called retail.' then laughed in my face. I just about quit on the spot.

Fortunately, I just checked up with World Market and they said they'd be calling me today or at the latest tomorrow, to schedule an interview. So fuck you target. I'm OUT.

It was denied. Literally explained my situation with tears in my eyes (wasn't expecting that) and her response was 'we are busiest on weekends, so either you come in you'll get fired. It's called retail.' then laughed in my face. I just about quit on the spot.

Fortunately, I just checked up with World Market and they said they'd be calling me today or at the latest tomorrow, to schedule an interview. So fuck you target. I'm OUT.
Good for you! I don't think I would have been able to stop myself from saying fuck you and walking out right then.

Good for you! I don't think I would have been able to stop myself fromm saying fuck you and walking out right then.

Yeah, it was one of the most disrespectful moments I've experienced in my life. If the tables were reversed and I acted that flippantly towards her she'd flip out and I'd get fired. She puts on this phoney kind lady act, and is just the worst. But she's nice if you are sweating on the job, if you aren't sweating she's a completely different person and says you're not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back