Archived Availability Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long do you have to wait between changing availability? I attempted to alter mine and it says 'auto denied.'

Did you talk with your supervisor or ETL-HR first before putting in your request? If you did, you would probably know if it would be approved before you put it into the system.

They told me two months ago that if I increased my availability I'd get more hours. This hasn't been the case. Talked to them a couple weeks ago about getting more then one shift a week. That hasn't happened and they've said no one else on inbound should expect more hours then they are currently getting (most 4-8, some 12, but only 4 hour shifts). Since it's clear modernization is only giving me 4 hours I've got to find another job, or atleast reduce my availability from open every day to atleast a specific day. I submitted the request but it was auto denied.

If 4 hours all that Target can give me that's fine but I atleast need to know what day that will be. It's difficult to find another job when you don't know what day you can work there.

They told me two months ago that if I increased my availability I'd get more hours. This hasn't been the case. Talked to them a couple weeks ago about getting more then one shift a week. That hasn't happened and they've said no one else on inbound should expect more hours then they are currently getting (most 4-8, some 12, but only 4 hour shifts). Since it's clear modernization is only giving me 4 hours I've got to find another job, or atleast reduce my availability from open every day to atleast a specific day. I submitted the request but it was auto denied.

If 4 hours all that Target can give me that's fine but I at least need to know what day that will be. It's difficult to find another job when you don't know what day you can work there.

Are you cross-trained in anything? With people quitting due to lack of hours if you were cross-trained I would maybe talk to someone about switching departments. You could switch even if you were not cross-trained if several people have quit and they need you it would just be easier if you were. Or at least at my store. A lot of hardlines-beauty-a&a don't want to be guestcentric or can't, or inbound don't like the hours, etc so they have asked to switch.

This. Resubmit and tell your ETL and what I do is print out the request and put it in their mailbox so there’s a paper trail

THIS! Y'all know how clunky Target's systems are and it gets even worse as you go up the chain of command. I hated the online systems for scheduled time off and availability change. If I didn't remember to look at everything before the schedule auto populated then it all got auto denied. Which sucked because often I'd be closing LOD on Mondays, off Tuesday, and wouldn't get to start my schedule until Wednesdays. Weekends I was either off or I didn't have a lot of time to step off the floor. So basically unless my team submitted things by Friday, good chance it'd be auto denied. Another issue I would often run into is the team alignment being off. I used to constantly email HR about this and all it did was piss them off. So I started asking my team to print the hard copy and put it into my mailbox. Worked so much better and cut down the amount of complaints I received drastically.

My leadership is notorious for immediate approvals as long as you're OPENING your avail but they drag their feet when it comes to changes that NARROW your avail, basically hoping you'll give up.

If not approved within a certain time frame it will be auto-denied so you need to give your leader a heads-up that you need an avail change request approved.
It can also be denied if leadership cites 'business needs'.

If not approved within a certain time frame it will be auto-denied so you need to give your leader a heads-up that you need an avail change request approved.
It can also be denied if leadership cites 'business needs'.
Thank you for the explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back