Archived Availability question - I need to tweak a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out last night that there are 3 days in December, and 6 in January (over 2 weeks) that I need to tweak my availability - if at all possible. I do have a plan B in place, but it isn't the best solution.

On the flip side, there was no way to really say that Dec 20- Jan 5th I will have open availability. The same for the Friday times - it really is every other weekend I am limited right now. Can you do that tweaking in eHR?

SHould I type it up and give it to the Pharmacist tomorrow when I start with her? Or verbally mention it and see how she responds? I have no clue what my fellow TMs have as availability, but I'm open to working Thanksgiving weekend and Christmas Eve/day after. We will do Thanksgiving on the 27th anyway (technically, the rest of the family did it last week while I was in orientation anyway), and i'm hoping for my kids sake they actually get to spend some time with their Dad on/around Christmas. If he flakes on them again then my parents would love them to be there.

I just am not sure how to approach it. I guess saying hey, I wanted to let you know 3 "holiday weeks" that I actually have open availability is a good start?

Oh, and I'd honestly work Thanksgiving for someone so they could have the holiday off - but somehow I doubt I get cross-trained into a cashier to do that in time. When I mentioned it in orientation she implied I wouldn't be able to do that. :(

Nice of you to offer to work turkey day for someone. But at our store everyone has to work. No exceptions.

I'd put a note in the etlhr mailbox about your open availability weeks. Ask them how they would like you to handle the random days you need to change. I'd prefer you to ask for those days off.

Nice of you to offer to work turkey day for someone. But at our store everyone has to work. No exceptions.

I'd put a note in the etlhr mailbox about your open availability weeks. Ask them how they would like you to handle the random days you need to change. I'd prefer you to ask for those days off.
I work in the Pharmacy as a Pharm Tech though - are we going to open for an hour or two on Thanksgiving?? And she definitely excluded me from the talk with the 4 Flow guys about Thursday and told me I wouldn't be working out of the pharmacy. If we are open I will work so someone can maybe stay home - even though i'm in the system as unavailable on Thursdays. Does it override that?

My ETL the pharmacist is new to the store by a couple of weeks, and they said she is the one that does our scheduling. The ETLHR was totally nice when I was interviewing with her about some kid commitments one weekend a month, we compared schedules/stories. Hopefully it won't be a big deal - the person i'm helping out hasn't seen in fiancé in a year and is making a trip out of the country to do that. I'm hoping he is also going to get married and bring her back - but I know there was some issues in that and I don't want to ask! Like I said, I have a plan B just in case.

Anyway, I just need to be gone by 3pm, which is an issue, but I can open and work until that time. 1 of the days is open right now, and 2 are days I have to leave by 5 already.

If he had asked me last week I would have put it down. I hate stuff like this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back