Archived availability=suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the point of filling out an availability sheet if your supervisor ignores it? After the holidays, I rolled back to the "insane" hours of 2-10 PM Monday-Saturday. Apparently, for Electronics, that doesn't work out, as almost every week I am scheduled against my availability in one shape or another. I didn't do it to be a dick, I did it so I would have a consistant schedule for my health (sleeping and depression issues) and to see my kid once a week.

Is a consistant schedule yet another sacrifce we must make to the all-mighty Spot?

I know if your salesfloor, you're scheduled for the need of your store.

If you have 5 TMs who work in electronics, and they all have a restricted availability, someone is going to get scheduled outside of it.

Talk with your HR and see if you can work something out. Nothing will change if you leave it.

actually no, if they approve your availibility then they shouldn't be scheduling you outside of it. If they do and you tell them you can't work it then you are not responsible for it. I sometimes schedule people outside of theirs because it's hard for me to remember 80 different people but i always fix the problem if i do.

actually no, if they approve your availibility then they shouldn't be scheduling you outside of it. If they do and you tell them you can't work it then you are not responsible for it. I sometimes schedule people outside of theirs because it's hard for me to remember 80 different people but i always fix the problem if i do.

That's good to know.
I've been told that numerous times.

I had that issue for awhile... I finally got to the point and said you guys know when I can be here and I ignored any shifts outside of that until they finally go the point

They don't like to give consistent schedules. It's their way of having power over you. We have two BR closers and my schedule is different every week. I understand rotating weekends, but the only day that's consistent for me is Monday nights, because apparently the other guy doesn't pull new releases.

availability = suggestion?

Pretty much. My ETL and I agreed to a certain availability for me (the same one whole day off each week - pretty simple and not asking much), so I submitted an availability change so that it was physically reflected in the computer, as a reminder. He saw it, approved it, then later told me "I'm still going to schedule you on that day if I have a need." Despite that we have 14 backroom team members.

Yeah. Ok. Right then.

Pretty much. My ETL and I agreed to a certain availability for me (the same one whole day off each week - pretty simple and not asking much), so I submitted an availability change so that it was physically reflected in the computer, as a reminder. He saw it, approved it, then later told me "I'm still going to schedule you on that day if I have a need." Despite that we have 14 backroom team members.

Yeah. Ok. Right then.

I just had the same thing happen with my ETL. My availability is wide open with the exception of Fridays. I typically work every Saturday because I'm one of the only SL TMs who knows how to do ad takedown. I also work a majority of Sundays. My friends work a M-F schedule and often are busy on weeknights, so I wanted a day where I can make myself available to have some real-world fun. I told my ETL that I'm in therapy and that is the day that they have open for me. She says that even though she approved it she can't guarantee it. I guarantee that I won't show up on Fridays if I'm scheduled.

Yeah. Ok. Right then.

I just had the same thing happen with my ETL. My availability is wide open with the exception of Fridays. I typically work every Saturday because I'm one of the only SL TMs who knows how to do ad takedown. I also work a majority of Sundays. My friends work a M-F schedule and often are busy on weeknights, so I wanted a day where I can make myself available to have some real-world fun. I told my ETL that I'm in therapy and that is the day that they have open for me. She says that even though she approved it she can't guarantee it. I guarantee that I won't show up on Fridays if I'm scheduled.

Once your availability request is marked APPROVED, save that e-mail.

Approved availability is guaranteed no matter what your TL might say. If they disagree, see the ETL-HR and that should resolve that lol.

Yeah. Ok. Right then.

hate to tell you, wmyou will get a NCNS for that.

hate to tell you, wmyou will get a NCNS for that.

Don't worry, I will let my ETL-HR know when the schedule gets posted that it is outside my availability. Therefore, they have two weeks to fill that shift.

This has happened a lot lately at my store. Many of my fellow TMs were having shifts scheduled when they weren't available. One talked to our HR person, who said they would fix the one shift. It never got fixed, my fellow TM got hit with a NCNS. Not sure if it is still happening, but it was BAD when our ETL-HR was on vacation for about 2 weeks and our HR person was in and out and having outside help with the schedule. Luckily I haven't had any issues, I have open availability cause my grad classes don't start til fall and I only request a day or two off here and there.

My suggestion is talk to HR people and if they say they will change it, follow up. They get busy and forget sometimes.

I had my availability set so I couldn't work before 5 pm Monday through Wednesday. I kept getting scheduled when I had class, so I printed off my class schedule for the semester and the schedule for the next two weeks, put them the mailboxes of the ETL-HR and my TL and left a snarky note.

I have cool TLs. But, the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing is one of the primary reasons why I'm on my final 2 weeks of red. Incompetency is one of my biggest peeves and I'm glad that I'm over with retail soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back