Archived Average hours and insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have full insurance with target and I average about 22 hours a week. Im in school so I want to work even less than that. Do I have to work 20 hours a week to keep my insurance or can I work like 20 hours a month? In the summer I worked full time may-sept so I dont know how that factors also Ive worked for target more than 5 years so even though im part time i have full benefits. TIA!

If you're currently part-time, you're probably retaining full benefits because your hourly avg is still factored above 32 hrs/week from your previous work history. Once it goes below 31.5 (I believe), you'll drop to part-time bennies. Anything below 20/week & you drop it altogether.
Target Annie is the pro on this one.
Annie, got your ears on?

Call the TMSC HROC or talk to your HR Dept, but 31.5 avg hrs when calculated each Jan 1st (around) determines PT or FT status for April 1st of that same year. It doesn't matter what you do for the rest of the year, once you are categorized as FT, you are that for the full plan year (April this year to March of next)
I have full insurance with target and I average about 22 hours a week. Im in school so I want to work even less than that. Do I have to work 20 hours a week to keep my insurance or can I work like 20 hours a month? In the summer I worked full time may-sept so I dont know how that factors also Ive worked for target more than 5 years so even though im part time i have full benefits. TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back