Avoiding Los Angeles area Targets

All R200 stores were shut down early last night and we were texted the crisis hotline # and told to call before our shifts start to see if our store will be opening today. I open and I’ve been calling all damn morning but no update since 10pm last night saying the overnight shifts were getting moved to 6am so I guess I still have to go 😂

Then at least my store they were not let in the building until 7am so it was a shit show.. And yeah that was great that there were no updates so we all ended up waiting in a parking lot for over an hour for no reason.

All stores within Chicago and most suburbs are closed. My former store is decimated. The riots are moving into residential areas. Shit is getting real.

All R200 stores were shut down early last night and we were texted the crisis hotline # and told to call before our shifts start to see if our store will be opening today. I open and I’ve been calling all damn morning but no update since 10pm last night saying the overnight shifts were getting moved to 6am so I guess I still have to go 😂

Anyone else checking up on other stores opening time on the crisis hotline? 😅

So AP has enacted elevated security rules again, apple, bose, and laptops into the cage over night and stuck in lockup.

course that is the only thing we have.... cant steal TVs or game systems when we dont have any.

The privelled racists are outraged by the attack on capitalism. While the real people who are woke to their generations of ingrained prejudice are actually taking a stand and supporting this movement properly. Capitalism has such a choke chain on people and quite frankly no one seems to know how to breathe on their own anymore

while I don’t condone it - it blows me away some people are more pissed about some broken glass then a man being executed in the street 🤷‍♂️
It blows me away that some how you can tell someone is more pissed at one thing over another in text chat.
And no, just because someone is murdered does not give you or anyone else the right to break stuff that isn't yours. Infact breaking and entering many times leads to death.

The privelled racists are outraged by the attack on capitalism. While the real people who are woke to their generations of ingrained prejudice are actually taking a stand and supporting this movement properly. Capitalism has such a choke chain on people and quite frankly no one seems to know how to breathe on their own anymore
This is not an either/or situation. As has been pointed out repeatedly, you can be horrified at more than one thing at a time.

Staying on topic - so this thread doesn't get bounced by the mods - does anyone here have a listing of which specific Target stores in LA and elsewhere have actually been looted? Inquiring minds want to know, I care about my fellow Target TMs in the affected stores.

The Target in West Covina also had to put Plywood on their doors. Apparently, there have been protests nearby for the last two days. Protests have been peaceful so far, but the Target closed at 10am today and yesterday because of it.
west covina is the closest store to me oof

my store closed at 2pm today, unsure if we will open tomorrow

Our store has been closing at 4pm every day. Yipee, just in time for me to work my whole shift 😡 so jealous of all the closers that still get paid for their shifts and don’t have to come in lol

u ever notice why they are only going after counties predominantly white? Their are no reports of target on inglewood, compton, hawthorne, Gardena being looted because they are predominantly black communities here. the looters are the same privilege kids starting riots like antifa/anarchists. theyre caught on camera starting shit and directing black youth to continue the wrecking.

u ever notice why they are only going after counties predominantly white? Their are no reports of target on inglewood, compton, hawthorne, Gardena being looted because they are predominantly black communities here. the looters are the same privilege kids starting riots like antifa/anarchists. theyre caught on camera starting shit and directing black youth to continue the wrecking.

That’s intentional. They’ve learned their lesson from 1992 and are avoiding damaging their own community.

I called the info line. Our store closed last night at 8 PM, there's no update for today so I presume we remain open until 9 PM. Actually looking forward to going in to work.

Back