Archived AW YEAAAH!! I'm picking Flexes/curbsides on Thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to order my shizz at 2:30pm

Then clock in and pick it

Beating the line by 3 hours

Take that campers :cool:

Make sure that you do not pick your own store pick up order! Doing so can lead to a final or termination. The spot can track this by your employee number (you log on to the PDA with your number then most likely use your discount).

lol i know, I'm having someone order stuff, you gotta be crazy to do it with your own number

though one a brtm ordered a curbside while on a 15 and pick it up on break lol

What's wrong with picking our own order? As long as you're not cancelling someone else's to get the last of an item, I don't see the issue.

The spot says no on the practice because some team members had some sticky fingers and pulled switcharoos.

An example:

Team Member X places an order for an Ipad Air through the pick up option on break. Then Team Member X, says I got the flexible, then goes to pick that Ipad they ordered and instead places the pick sticker on an Ipad 2 Air (the much more expensive version) and uses the pick sticker to place it in hold. Team member X punches out and goes to pick up their order. The guest service team member ask for ID and hit confirm,(at Guest Service they just match name with the item because lets face it the description on MyGo is not that great and there is not that much scrutiny).

Fair enough.

I wonder if they have similar rules for SFS? When I order stuff, it's usually a gamble if the order will drop at my store or not. And even if it does and I recognize the items as I'm picking, there's no way to know for sure that it's for me until I'm finished and the packing slip/shipping label print out.

I was looking through some of the roll out stuff...and most of the stuff identified as door busters in the ad will not be on flexible fulfillment. Also, they will be monitoring it to be sure that stores have sufficient quantities of items for when the store opens.

Apparently the 40% off apparel items will not be on ff, either.

Also, they will be monitoring it to be sure that stores have sufficient quantities of items for when the store opens.
I saw that, but it doesn't exactly inspire confidence considering dozens of orders for the same item can drop at the blink of an eye, and on multiple occasions we have shipped out every copy of a popular video game the day before release.

Apparently the 40% off apparel items will not be on ff, either.
That makes me happy though!

Fair enough.

I wonder if they have similar rules for SFS? When I order stuff, it's usually a gamble if the order will drop at my store or not. And even if it does and I recognize the items as I'm picking, there's no way to know for sure that it's for me until I'm finished and the packing slip/shipping label print out.

I posed that question to the guys from corporate when they came through for a visit.
Their reply was a little flat... they attempt to monitor orders by employee number and reroute if needed. They didn't foresee that as problem because odds would be we would buy it through the register instead of purchasing through the online system. That's why if you work SFS you must be keyed as "Fulfillment TM" and not every TM in the store has the ability to complete the pack/ship process, you have to submit a MySupport to have access if not keyed as a Fulfillment TM.

I posed that question to the guys from corporate when they came through for a visit.
Their reply was a little flat... they attempt to monitor orders by employee number and reroute if needed. They didn't foresee that as problem because odds would be we would buy it through the register instead of purchasing through the online system. That's why if you work SFS you must be keyed as "Fulfillment TM" and not every TM in the store has the ability to complete the pack/ship process, you have to submit a MySupport to have access if not keyed as a Fulfillment TM.
I'm still listed as a HL TM and haven't had issues with my SFS duties.
(I was wondering about ordering from target.com and doing sfs tho. It's a gamble if my store even gets my order.)

Sometimes I'm too lazy or don't have enough time before my other job to do my shopping after work, so I just order it online. But since all the new SFS locations came online this summer, my orders have very rarely come through my store anyways.

That's why if you work SFS you must be keyed as "Fulfillment TM" and not every TM in the store has the ability to complete the pack/ship process, you have to submit a MySupport to have access if not keyed as a Fulfillment TM.
No, anyone in an SFS store can access myFA and the Pack & Ship menu. The only time I've seen people denied access was when they were from another store doing their training. Even ETLs from the other stores didn't have access.

Sometimes I'm too lazy or don't have enough time before my other job to do my shopping after work, so I just order it online. But since all the new SFS locations came online this summer, my orders have very rarely come through my store anyways.

No, anyone in an SFS store can access myFA and the Pack & Ship menu. The only time I've seen people denied access was when they were from another store doing their training. Even ETLs from the other stores didn't have access.

Actually I had an incident yesterday where a team member couldn't pack or pick because he was not keyed in as a flex team member. When he opened myFA and then pack & ship it said n/a for the number to pack and picks... and when he tried to pack something it wouldn't let him.... he was a hardlines team member so the stl had to key him in as a flex team member

Actually I had an incident yesterday where a team member couldn't pack or pick because he was not keyed in as a flex team member. When he opened myFA and then pack & ship it said n/a for the number to pack and picks... and when he tried to pack something it wouldn't let him.... he was a hardlines team member so the stl had to key him in as a flex team member
That's odd. Maybe it's different for ESFS? Because we only have 3 TMs keyed as Fulfillment TMs and the rest are Backroom, Flow, POG, Sales Floor.

That's odd. Maybe it's different for ESFS? Because we only have 3 TMs keyed as Fulfillment TMs and the rest are Backroom, Flow, POG, Sales Floor.
It could be that or maybe they done an update to the app because when I switched from electronics to flex I was never keyed in... but also it was the guy second day at target so it may be something for new team members only I guess.

It could be that or maybe they done an update to the app because when I switched from electronics to flex I was never keyed in... but also it was the guy second day at target so it may be something for new team members only I guess.
I had a new BRTM on his first week able to get into it.

I'm still listed as a HL TM and haven't had issues with my SFS duties.
(I was wondering about ordering from target.com and doing sfs tho. It's a gamble if my store even gets my order.)

I agree its always a gamble, but the spot is trying to avoid putting themselves and us it that awkward situation of picking our own order. But with the current technology and software there are clearly some glitches/loopholes that are putting us in this position, I hope with updates this can be resolved.

I know that TL have access to more apps than a TM so that could explain, I never had a TL have a problem accessing just other TMs.

Well my store is just a regular SFS so indeed the rules may be different at an ESFS, we do get different HR directives, I helped out at an ESFS a few weeks ago, so I concede there are differences.
There was a redwire in June about keying TM into the workcenter and mysupporting if they had issues about using myFA. I just wanted to give a heads up in case someone ran into the situation, I know I did a few days ago with a TM I was training.

I do know that TM has a primary workcenter but they keyed into multiple workcenters. At my store earlier this month we went through keyed FF as a secondary or third workcenter on certain TM so they could help doing SFS without any trouble. But a few days a I was training a TM and their number would not work (they have been with the spot for a few months) and they could not use the MyFA properly it was grey and displaying N/A. We forgot to key him:confused: mega oops.

Good luck every ESFS and SFS with the order increase:D all of you have given some great insight/advice to help me out, it is truly appreciated!

Same at my store, anyone can access it.. Sometimes they just have random people help pick/pack if they are behind and no one has ever had a problem

I'm training a new hire this week, when he logs in as a Fulfillment TM he can pick but packing and staging both show up as N/A. I've been logging him in as myself to work around it, but if it continues I'll bring it up with leadership.

No one at my store has had to be keyed in as a FF team member. ETL's have helped. I've had a cashier helping me pack once with no issues. Several backroom TM's have been SFS trained too. That's so weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back