Archived Awful Photoshops by Target!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah they are okay, but I don't see what the big controversy is over photoshopping it to look better in the first place? "It sends the wrong message to young girls"? Since when do we need the media to parent for us? I seriously think there are more important things for people to be upset about.

The truth is people like looking at pretty people. If the person modeling those clothes looks exceptionally pretty, they are more likely to buy it. Therefore it is only logical to photo shop because it means you are more likely to have people buy your stuff. Advertising your adverts as "Photo Shop Free" might win you points with people who have a personal gripe with Photoshopping, but most probably won't care. No one used to care about photoshopping until this past year, and its basically the new popular thing to hate -- they've been doing it for ages though.

It gets hate when it bends the human body to proportions that are not possible like the arm on the swimsuit girl. Or the crotch or the shoulders on several, and when you see bad work. It should not be seen in ad work like this, yeah change suit colors, lighting and whatnot, but you should never see the work of PhotoShop, when you do it destroys what they are trying to do. Sell clothing instead we are talking about the PhotoShop fail.

My take on this.

@Bosch, I do some hobby photography and I use photoshop a little but I don't have the patience for manipulating the photos more than color,contrast, and sharpness adjustments... and cropping. Furthermore, I feel uneasy doing much manipulation because I feel that it misrepresents my skills. I hate seeing photos that have been exceedingly manipulated and I have to keep reminding myself that the bodies I see in photos may literally be unattainable, unnatural.

@Bosch, I do some hobby photography and I use photoshop a little but I don't have the patience for manipulating the photos more than color,contrast, and sharpness adjustments... and cropping. Furthermore, I feel uneasy doing much manipulation because I feel that it misrepresents my skills. I hate seeing photos that have been exceedingly manipulated and I have to keep reminding myself that the bodies I see in photos may literally be unattainable, unnatural.

I use Photoshop as well, and it irks me when its done badly. Smooth out the muffin top, the pimples but don't bend limbs to proportion that even side show freaks would wonder about.. ;)

I forgot... a friend told me one time Target was selling "crotched purses."
So it wasn't a photoshop error ;)

Saw a silly photoshop from my niece's Justice catalog... on the swimsuit page, the little girl is white; on the back cover she's black. But they did manage to edit in the thigh gap both times.

Justice For Girls : "When you wear our swimsuits you will change race!"

I remember yrs back when some of Walmart's ad models were their sales associates. Next to their pic in small print was their first name & position in the company. Even their kids got to model. They were attractive & realistic.
An associate told me they got to keep the outfits they modeled, too.
Thought that was pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back