Archived Awful TLs and LODs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quit after 6 weeks after returning to Target when I moved home from a school internship. The TL changed and was a complete idiot. They hired the Starbucks TL to take over flow because no one else wanted the position. She sucked at communicating and being a team leader. She tried to overrule my ETL who knew me well when it came to certain issues I went to him about. Then she would always pull me into the office and belittle me by telling me she had people spying on me who were saying I wasn't fast enough or I was making mistakes (because no one has ever accidentally backstocked something without a zebrs because no one told them there was a second loc, right?) The icing on the cake was her belittling a TM infront of other TM's on the sales floor, who has been with Target for 7 years, by telling him maybe if he moved quicker he'd get more hours otherwise all the hours were going to the new TM's.

Screw her, though. There is green pastures outside of retail. The best thing I ever did was walk out and not look back. 12 hours a week isn't shit anyway at an ULVS, when you get a FT job with benefits, paid holidays and weekends off.

Last edited:
Exactly why I quit. It's been three glorious weeks after six years of hell.
Was told I was going to fail at my new job after I put in my 2 weeks. I clocked out 5 min later. I have never before been spoken to in such a manner before in my career. I have and will never tolerate that behavior from anyone. Best decision I made and it felt great walking out of that hell.

What are they gonna do that intimidates you? Make sure they do it in front of witnesses and a camera. Suppress you? Overcome!

That exactly describes my store. Also I’ve been in that exact situation where questioning leadership got me in big trouble.

It’s so fucked...
I tell my team to challenge me on tasks , if they find a more productive and efficient way, hell why not do it.

To answer @Kartman, my leadership threatens with write ups and various means to either shut up or intimidate people.

Hr actually makes things worse. Since they won’t do anything and threaten you with termination.

ETLs on a power trip and out of control.

I could go on but this is all pretty fucked up imo.

Hi!
I am a HR Team Member, I’ve been at this for a 4 months and 12 days (according to workday), Back in July my ETL HR left (she got another job), so after she left, they have our ETL-SF and ETL-GE oversee HR, there was two HR TM’s, but she had left to go back to school, so it is just me now. We have someone here on Fridays and Saturdays, but they usually pull him to cashier. So it is just me. I am trying my hardest to make sure I’m doing things right, and how they want it done. The ETL-SF, she is more involved with talking to me and making sure things are okay. But my ETL-GE is the one who is acting like a “drone mom” she is constantly telling me things are wrong, over my shoulder telling me how to do my job, and she keeps putting more things on my plate to do. I understand she is an ETL, she has a lot going on. But I have stuff to do too. At my store, I am responsible for the schedule, JAS, orientations, training schedules, finding people to cover shifts, the donation stuff, time off requests. It is a lot for one person to do.
I just feel like I am too new to really say anything, or say no for that matter. I want to succeed at this job. But for someone so new, it is a lot.
I’m asking for advice, how do I explain to both ETLs, that I’m getting a little overwhelmed?
I don’t have a HR TL or a Sr. TL HR. It’s just me and the weekend guy.

Hi!
I am a HR Team Member, I’ve been at this for a 4 months and 12 days (according to workday), Back in July my ETL HR left (she got another job), so after she left, they have our ETL-SF and ETL-GE oversee HR, there was two HR TM’s, but she had left to go back to school, so it is just me now. We have someone here on Fridays and Saturdays, but they usually pull him to cashier. So it is just me. I am trying my hardest to make sure I’m doing things right, and how they want it done. The ETL-SF, she is more involved with talking to me and making sure things are okay. But my ETL-GE is the one who is acting like a “drone mom” she is constantly telling me things are wrong, over my shoulder telling me how to do my job, and she keeps putting more things on my plate to do. I understand she is an ETL, she has a lot going on. But I have stuff to do too. At my store, I am responsible for the schedule, JAS, orientations, training schedules, finding people to cover shifts, the donation stuff, time off requests. It is a lot for one person to do.
I just feel like I am too new to really say anything, or say no for that matter. I want to succeed at this job. But for someone so new, it is a lot.
I’m asking for advice, how do I explain to both ETLs, that I’m getting a little overwhelmed?
I don’t have a HR TL or a Sr. TL HR. It’s just me and the weekend guy.
Without a TL to provide cover, the best approach would be to respond to new requests with your priority list for the day. Then ask if the request should bump something or is it, time permitting.

You'll have to make that person semi responsible for other workload, or else you'll be blamed for letting something important slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back