Archived Back room Team Lead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I'm new here, and I have a question I'd like to have answered. so my question is, what exactly does a back room tl do? What all is expected of them, about how much do they make, etc? Curiosity :)

Last edited:
Depends on if he's dayside or O/N BRTL. Im a dayside BRTM, so I cant really say much about O/N, other than they deal with the nightly Autofills and incoming truck BS. Dayside BRTL oversees BR, Instocks and Recv/RL. That means presiding over the Hourly CAFs, Research, most of the PTM's, RIGs, Location accuracy, MIR compliance, sweeps, vendors (to a degree), and some of the incoming freight. But, depending on the store volume, and the time of truck unload, these tasks maybe spread differently between dayside and overnight, or there may only be one BRTL. I wont get too specific with pay (as even that can heavily vary), but it's comparable, if not slightly higher than the other TL's

Hi all! I'm new here, and I have a question I'd like to have answered. I currently have a wee bit of a crush on our back room tl. We were talking about a week ago and he told me he's always stressing over having so much to do and not enough time or people to do it-- so my question is, what exactly does a back room tl do? What all is expected of them, about how much do they make, etc? Curiosity :)

As with most TL positions, they are typically expected to get done the same amount of work a TM would get done in the same amount of time, while also doing all sorts of paperwork (some meaningless, some not) They are probably responsible for things like schedules, training TMs, looking in to scores, like backroom accuracy and whatnot. They have to look in to those scores to figure who is causing any problems that are occuring, and coaching those who aren't performing up to expectations.

So, when you have an 8 hr shift to get all the back stock done and pull the autos, they have an 8 hr shift to get the back stock done, pull the autos,and do the rest of the stuff I mentioned and then some.

Unless he is overnight, he should make the same at as the other TLs. In most markets, this means base pay + $3. Any new TL coming on will supposedly only get base pay +$1. I've yet to see a TL get hired with these new terms and I feel as though they'll have a hard time getting anyone to take the position with so little compensation, so I'm guessing things could be negotiated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back