Archived Background check for new position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Been reading the board since I have applied to Spot recently.

Here's a question/concern I have that I hoped could be answered. I interviewed and was given a conditional job offer. No problem with the criminal background check, I'm good there. But I'm a little worried about the employment verification portion, since the last 3 jobs I held have all gone out of business/closed and nobody, obviously, will be able to verify my work record at those places. Is there anything I can do (maybe provide copies of my W-2's or something similar) to prove my former employment? I'm tentatively hired as a TM for softlines if that makes any difference.

Thanks to anyone willing to offer input/advise.

Last edited:
No one will call anyone to verify your previous employment, as long as you pass the criminal background check you’re good to go

Thanks to both Humble TL and FYI for your replies. Wonder if anyone else is willing to chime in?

I’ve been working in HR for a couple years. When we hire team members all we care is if you pass the criminal background check that is done by targets third party company. If you are cleared from that, then you are placed into a “ready to start” status in the system. You have already been offered so if background clears you’ll get a call soon from your HR to confirm date/time for orientation. Stores will not call your previous employers for TM positions. I’ve never made any calls for employment verification for TMs we hired.

Good luck, and congrats on your offer. Hope this information helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back