Background checks.

I read that Target goes back 4 years for the background check. So what if the person did something before this? The position he has if a golden position to do the same crime. Is it because he did the time, psychological evaluation and counseling that he wouldn’t do it again? I know I am the only one that knows this information and can keep it to myself.

I read that Target goes back 4 years for the background check. So what if the person did something before this? The position he has if a golden position to do the same crime. Is it because he did the time, psychological evaluation and counseling that he wouldn’t do it again? I know I am the only one that knows this information and can keep it to myself.

Mixed feelings on this.
People do change.
Having one mistake fuck up your life forever is a horrible way to live.
If they did their time, they should be able to move on.
Should the company know about the crime?
Maybe, like I said I have mixed feelings.
It is really hard for people with people with criminal backgrounds to restart their lives which is why we have such a high rate of recidivism in this country.
Before folks jump in with, "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime", right now the place providing most of the mental health services in the United States is the jail system.
More than all the hospitals and mental health facilities put together.
This has to change.

Mixed feelings on this.
People do change.
It is really hard for people with people with criminal backgrounds to restart their lives which is why we have such a high rate of recidivism in this country.
Before folks jump in with, "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime", right now the place providing most of the mental health services in the United States is the jail system.
This has to change.
I agree that people can change and he deserves a second chance. I assume it's some type of retail theft or something of the like. If they do commit the same crime again Target will know and they can afford to give them a 2nd chance.

I agree that people can change and he deserves a second chance. I assume it's some type of retail theft or something of the like. If they do commit the same crime again Target will know and they can afford to give them a 2nd chance.
It’s nothing that would effect the store. It would effect the people who work there. He did this 3 times. Felonies on 2.

Mixed feelings on this.
People do change.
This has to change.
Part of the criminal justice system should be rehabilitation, so they don't do the crime again. And sentences are all out of whack for the nature of quite a lot of different types of crime.

If it's been 4 years since the last issue then there's a decent chance the person is rehabilitated. And something that would not affect the store would not affect the people in the store during working hours, as they are part of the store.

And how do you know so many details? Any chance you were told wrongly?

Part of the criminal justice system should be rehabilitation, so they don't do the crime again. And sentences are all out of whack for the nature of quite a lot of different types of crime.

If it's been 4 years since the last issue then there's a decent chance the person is rehabilitated. And something that would not affect the store would not affect the people in the store during working hours, as they are part of the store.

If it was sexual or physical assault, it could affect the people in the store if the person assaults them on property.

But that would also affect the store. Any crimes against people would affect the store if that is the location of the offence.

I thought it was 7 years?? Tell ap if it’s theft related and then let it go. At that point it’s out of your hands. Hopefully the person is trying to change their life and has grown up since then.

If it was sexual or physical assault, it could affect the people in the store if the person assaults them on property.

That's where my mixed feelings come in.
If we are talking about serial rape or pedophilia, then it's an entirely different matter.
But both of those would have shown up on a sex offenders registry because they are long term.

It’s nothing that would effect the store. It would effect the people who work there. He did this 3 times. Felonies on 2.

That's where my mixed feelings come in.
If we are talking about serial rape or pedophilia, then it's an entirely different matter.
But both of those would have shown up on a sex offenders registry because they are long term.
If his crimes are the type that put people in physical danger he should be reported for the sake of the safety of co-workers and guests.

I went online and read the public court records. 4 years ago was the court date. There was 3 years prison and 1 year probation but they let him end his probation early to move. The probation ended July 2020.

Last edited:
I went online and read the public court records. 4 years ago was the court date. There was 3 years prison and 1 year probation but they let him end his probation early to move. The probation ended July 2020.
Are you absolutely certain, swear on a bible certain, it's not someone with the same name? Simply going online to court records could easily fetch the wrong person.

Are you absolutely certain, swear on a bible certain, it's not someone with the same name? Simply going online to court records could easily fetch the wrong person.

Very good point.
I do these kinds of lookups all the time.
You run into people with the same middle initial and once, even the same birthday.
Make sure you doublecheck your information.

If it's property crime, I would leave it alone as not my problem.

If it's a people crime, then I'd say something. Anything that might put TMs in danger should be reported.

Agreed with the above. It depends on the crime for me. If it's the assault I'd want to know what type. If it's someone being a drunk dumbass and getting into bar fights over and over, then I'd let it go. If it's sexual in nature, stalking, etc. I'd let ETL HR know immediately (after being certain that I was 100% correct that it was the same person).

I still have not said anything. Everyone is friends. It’s unbelievable. I figured I would wait for the district AP to come. When I see them they are joking around with this person. These people have all been friends for years at another store. One by one they are pushing our people out and replacing them with their friends. This is actually giving me a headache because it’s on my mind so much. I have not told anyone yet because I don’t know what to do. It is a crime against people. Is there anyway a staff member can privately help me so I can give details and advise me how serious this is.

This is not an official site and no one can assist as a store representative. You can choose to talk about it openly or you can choose to tell one person, but the result will be the same.

This is not an official site and no one can assist as a store representative. You can choose to talk about it openly or you can choose to tell one person, but the result will be the same.
I got the help I needed. Thank you.

Back