Archived Backpain when mopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTGOz

Suitable
Whenever I mop our coolers, I start to get a bit of a dull pain in my lower back. I'm not sure if it's because of bad form or just nature of the job... but anyone have any tips that might help make mopping more comfortable? I already wear extremely comfortable shoes and have zero issues with my feet or legs walking nearly 15,000 steps a shift.

I did just leave Target recently but my new job has a lot of cleaning in the description, I never had the problem back when I worked as a Closing Team Leader at Subway when I mopped every night. It's not an intense pain, but just noticeable enough to be slightly uncomfortable.

Get a longer mop, or short legs. :3 No seriously though, you're probably just too tall for the mop. Maybe ask for some reasonable accommodation there for a longer mop handle, if you be mopping on the daily.

Whenever I mop our coolers, I start to get a bit of a dull pain in my lower back. I'm not sure if it's because of bad form or just nature of the job... but anyone have any tips that might help make mopping more comfortable? I already wear extremely comfortable shoes and have zero issues with my feet or legs walking nearly 15,000 steps a shift...... I did just leave Target recently but my new job has a lot of cleaning in the description, I never had the problem back when I worked as a Closing Team Leader at Subway when I mopped every night. It's not an intense pain, but just noticeable enough to be slightly uncomfortable.
Go see your family doctor ASAP. Lower-back pain at work is no joke, it's something that could quickly become worse. If you have medical documentation, then you might be in a position to seek reasonable accommodation, but the main thing is have your own doctor evaluate your symptoms rather than having the company-hired IME doctor do this.

Sounds to me like you're bending over more than you did at Subway. Definitely consult with a doctor, and also see if you can get a mop with a longer handle.

Go see your family doctor ASAP. Lower-back pain at work is no joke, it's something that could quickly become worse. If you have medical documentation, then you might be in a position to seek reasonable accommodation, but the main thing is have your own doctor evaluate your symptoms rather than having the company-hired IME doctor do this.

It's hard because it goes away very shortly after I finish. I think it might just be the mop handle was a little smaller and having to bend at an angle and reach out with my arms is what was doing it.

if it happens at my new job I'll be sure to ask for a longer mop handle and if pain persists I'll see my doctor

Sometimes when I’m at work... I’ll break out in cold sweats... I’ll get blisters on my hands... and I’ll lose my breath... Turns out I’m allergic to work!

It sounds like it’s just been a long time since you’ve mopped. Ask for a longer mop handle and work out your core lol

Sometimes when I’m at work... I’ll break out in cold sweats... I’ll get blisters on my hands... and I’ll lose my breath... Turns out I’m allergic to work!

It sounds like it’s just been a long time since you’ve mopped. Ask for a longer mop handle and work out your core lol

It's definitely not something I did often at Target 😂 Mowed the lawn today and noticed the same ache but it quickly went away during the entire time I mowed. I've been trying to work out my back muscles and improve my posture but haven't seen a lot of results yet. I do some ab workouts/core workouts but have a feeling I should do it even more often. Arnold Schwarzenegger said he doesn't wake up every morning without doing several crunches.. or use to not wake up without it.

It's hard because it goes away very shortly after I finish. I think it might just be the mop handle was a little smaller and having to bend at an angle and reach out with my arms is what was doing it...... if it happens at my new job I'll be sure to ask for a longer mop handle and if pain persists I'll see my doctor....
Again, the point here is if you are experiencing recurring pain in your lower back, get medical examination and documentation. These situations can become worse over time. Don't procrastinate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back