Archived backroom attitude towards flow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it was out of line for him to say this. He is a new ETL to our store but I did my part to follow up on the matter. What he says about it is on him. Refer to my other message above. I completely agree with you.

I think an ETL who placed blame on any team over the walkie was out of line. A simple I will follow up on that issue would have been plenty. To have an ETL speak about an entire team in that manner is inexcusable.Freshness is a total team effort. Every team plays a part. Have there been no revisions since May of last year? If they did any revisions in May the plano team should have put those numbers in the SDA. Did anyone stock that area when doing hourly pulls in the last 6 months? If so why didn't they FIFO? Freshness Friday hasn't been done in that area since June? If it had the offending product should have been found. If I was a member of that stores flow team I would be offended. Its quite funny if you watch people who usually don't work in the market/grocery aisles work a pull. Usually the same ETLs who are preaching FIFO are the ones you catch just shoving the products on the shelf, no rotating at all.

This is the reason I believe so much in cross training.
Everyone should learn what the other teams have to do and challenges they face.
Once you've walked a few miles ( crawled around on the floor shoving cans on the bottom shelf), then maybe you can be a critic.

That said I did work flow for six months and it makes me crazy that they stack crap up on the endcaps so that it break the headers. ARRRRRGH!!!!

I am not blaming anyone, that is why before I went to only the market TM, I went to my ETL-food first. Just to see what could have gone wrong. Now if my ETL-Food says it was so and so's fault, then who am I to argue unless I know otherwise. Sorry if I offended you.
No offense taken. Proper training is a team effort. I make certain show my team, the examples of dented cans or juice boxes, & the flys flying around juice, cat food or fruit cups. The bugs love sugar!
Don't forget the growing mold too.

Last edited:
There seems to be a feued between O/N backroom and day side backroom at ny store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back