Archived Backroom dayside to Instocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweatyShirts

Backroom, Cashier, Hardlines, Instocks, TL Wannabe
I'm just curious what that would mean for my pay. Currently I'm N07 as a dayside backroom TM and I was asked if I would be willing to move to Instocks, citing better opportunities to learn more about various processes and otherwise just grow here at Target.

What is the pay grade that Instocks falls under?

Instocks is p05. Take the info & go with.

Would my ETL-HR at least be able to match what my pay currently is? I'm already working 35-40 hours a week so even if they give me a consistent 40 hours weekly, I'd still be taking a pay reduction and I'm really not in the best of positions to accept that.

They could just start giving you instocks shifts but leave your job code set as backroom.

If you're interested in it, I would ask about the pay and make it clear that you won't do it if it's a pay cut.

They'll probably say it's not, and then you can decide how much you trust your ETL-HR to not screw your over.

You won't actually grow as a ISTM coming from backroom. Most of the job is knowing how to fill the flow and push, stuff you should of learned as a BRTM. Otherwise you'll shootrigs and push shit other people don't have time to do like COSM researh and purge.

Not exactly a step up from backroom. Especially since the IS process got nerfed when the caf times changed. You'll shoot small rigs and just be the cleanup boy

Backroom TM?

Those aren't supposed to (e2e) exist anymore.

Backroom TM?

Those aren't supposed to (e2e) exist anymore.

I'm existing just fine, thank you.

My store's sales floor team sucks, so my team's still alive to bail them out. Just today we had to bail out the grocery team with push for the second time since they were formed, like, less than a month ago.

Instocks TMs are less likely to exist with E2E than backroom TMs. Mobilelady already said they aren't troubleshooting issues with Instocks anymore because it is disappearing.

Instocks TMs are less likely to exist with E2E than backroom TMs. Mobilelady already said they aren't troubleshooting issues with Instocks anymore because it is disappearing.

My store is a little on the smaller end of things in terms of square footage so we limited E2E to just Softlines and Market team.

I would do it, cause you will still work close in the back, you will also get exposed to everything salesfloor if you want to promote later it will be good for that. If you like the backroom cause you don't like guests, don't do IS. We pick up a lot of the salesfloor slack. And it is very true we are basically the fire dept of the store. We do pog, salesfloor, backroom, cashier, guest service(actual counter as backup) and our own job all on the fly..

I would do it, cause you will still work close in the back, you will also get exposed to everything salesfloor if you want to promote later it will be good for that. If you like the backroom cause you don't like guests, don't do IS. We pick up a lot of the salesfloor slack. And it is very true we are basically the fire dept of the store. We do pog, salesfloor, backroom, cashier, guest service(actual counter as backup) and our own job all on the fly..

I've definitely been putting out fires in the form of poorly trained TMs, callouts and just about anything else lately. Sounds like I'm practically a shoe-in for Instocks at this point.

But I can't complain, I get good hours, lots of recognition, and I'm fairing better in less time than any of my peers that are also looking to promote up.

I've definitely been putting out fires in the form of poorly trained TMs, callouts and just about anything else lately. Sounds like I'm practically a shoe-in for Instocks at this point.

But I can't complain, I get good hours, lots of recognition, and I'm fairing better in less time than any of my peers that are also looking to promote up.

If you are good with not really knowing what your role will be in the future and I mean week to week or month to month - ok.. Or take the experience and run with it. If you have a good store that understands what IS can do, you can be left alone to run with it.

But yeah don't let them downgrade your pay that is BS..

Instocks is still a pretty important position when you consider the RFID scan and the emphasis on fill the floor. I have been at four stores and at everyone the instocks team member was one of the most reliable and versatile team members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back