Archived Backroom Team - SUBT 9999

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asst Pipo Hipster

Armed with Batteries
I finally looked into SUBT 9999 on Workbench and found it in the PDA Reference guide. I have a question that perhaps was answered about it, but I'll ask anyway. After you enter 9999 as the qty, what do you do and what does the qty of that location come up as? Does it simply show a location without a qty like PIPOs and Baffles do? I believe it's a good function to do with some items that absolutely piss you off by pulling each and every hour even though the floor is full, but would like some answers for those who use it.

If an item qualifies for quantity tracking, and you enter a number higher than the system has recorded for that location, it will ask you for how many are left in that location. So when you enter 9999, it's going to ask you did you pull them all, and if not, how many are left. So if you backstock 13 of that item, then do the 9999, you select no, and then enter 13 as the quantity when asked.

We've been using it for forever for endcaps, planos, etc. and it doesn't have any impact on accuracy if you do it right.

Reading about the SUBT 9999 process, I remember happening across being prompted to enter a quantity after SUBTing an item, on occasion. It makes sense. What doesn't make sense is why no one at my store has even mentioned it.

Thank you both, and also thank you to those who contributed in the thread Hardlinesmaster pointed out.

Who knows it may show up on workbench? Rock & etlman are great trainers on process!

Last edited:
they need to remove the stupid 1 & 2 option on the app, would be so much faster just to scan and go

I understand why the 1&2 option is there, to update accumulator or not, but if I don't want to update the accumulator, why use SUBT instead of LOCU? If I Using LOCU would help improve accuracy by fixing any potential errors in the two locations. I get that it might take a second longer but wouldn't it be worth it? I agree that the 1&2 option is kind of a waste of time.

It makes sense. What doesn't make sense is why no one at my store has even mentioned it.

Probably because if you were at my store, if you get caught doing it, you will get a coaching. We have all been told not to do it anymore. First time is a coaching, second time is a corrective action.

It makes sense. What doesn't make sense is why no one at my store has even mentioned it.

Probably because if you were at my store, if you get caught doing it, you will get a coaching. We have all been told not to do it anymore. First time is a coaching, second time is a corrective action.

LOCU'ing? Isn't that what that function is primarily for is to UPDATE LOCATIONS? If a team member makes a mistake, say is distracted in the middle of a pull and looses count or drops something, wouldn't we rather them LOCU the location rather than create and error?

Maybe in larger Targets where there are higher numbers of pulls, a few errors are more forgivable. But in an ULV like mine, a few can mean the difference between color score. For Example, it only takes ONE error in our cooler or freezer on ONE day to make us red for the entire week on Data Integrity.

In fact, how on earth would a store drop and consolidate (like the Bounceback) without using LOCU? SUBTing all those locations would take forever and cause more errors without clearing out empty locations.

Anyone remember when you had to enter 9X (or [any number]X) to clear the backroom location of an item? Those were the days.... Now we have "Did you pull all the items?" I miss the X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back