Backstock by area not fill group?

Has anyone seen what this will look like? How are things pulls done? Example trash bags is located in paper on the sales floor but backstocked in chem its fill group. Will fill groups be changing. I am noticing that seasonal table coverings are falling under "home" not seasonal now. Sounds like a terrible idea. :(

Has anyone seen what this will look like? How are things pulls done? Example trash bags is located in paper on the sales floor but backstocked in chem its fill group. Will fill groups be changing. I am noticing that seasonal table coverings are falling under "home" not seasonal now. Sounds like a terrible idea. :(
As someone mentioned in seasonal you will always have different fill group . As for trash bags coming in paper but backstock in chem is something that can easily be fixed by your inbound Tl . All he had to do is change the full group and add it to the right custom block

Last edited:
As someone mentioned in seasonal you will always have different fill group . As for trash bags coming in paper but backstock in chem is something that can easily be fixed by your inbound Tl . All he had to do is change the full group and add it to the right custom block
You can’t change fill groups

You can’t change fill groups
Actually you can . I changed stat ( candles 054) to home decor because it belongs to that dbo so the stationary person doesn’t have to pull and stock a totally different area. I change home kitchen to plug, because that’s a different dbo. So when home batch is being pulled it’s only for one dbos that owns that area and not mixed with kitchen appliances . I also changed the first aisle in toy 203 to drop in bbo3 since is all sensorial toys for infants .

Appreciate the reaponses but i guess i wasn't clear.. we will be changing the way we backstock from backstocking by fill group to backstocking by where they are in the store. Domestics may be a better example. You have curtains in one section and placements in another yet they both fall under the fill group of "domestics'. In my store we currently backstock by fill group not area so my curtains and placements are in the same aisle in the backroom. The tm responsible for the 'dom' pulls the curtains and the placements. Just want to know how this will work with DBOs that share a fill group. Home is another example...

In market at my store, our backroom aisles mirror the salesfloor, so when pulling you aren’t constantly moving aisles. We’re a Super if that helps.

Actually you can . I changed stat ( candles 054) to home decor because it belongs to that dbo so the stationary person doesn’t have to pull and stock a totally different area. I change home kitchen to plug, because that’s a different dbo. So when home batch is being pulled it’s only for one dbos that owns that area and not mixed with kitchen appliances . I also changed the first aisle in toy 203 to drop in bbo3 since is all sensorial toys for infants .
How is this done?

In market at my store, our backroom aisles mirror the salesfloor, so when pulling you aren’t constantly moving aisles. We’re a Super if that helps.
I tried this at my Super as well, but my ETL did not see the value of doing it this way. So half of my fillgroups are this way and half are not, which confuses everyone that comes to help with our crazy amounts of freight.
But it sounds like this is how corporate is wanting it now. Watch, he's going to come to me with this direction on Monday and ask me why I didn't already have it done...

I tried this at my Super as well, but my ETL did not see the value of doing it this way. So half of my fillgroups are this way and half are not, which confuses everyone that comes to help with our crazy amounts of freight.
But it sounds like this is how corporate is wanting it now. Watch, he's going to come to me with this direction on Monday and ask me why I didn't already have it done...
It’s nice having it like this cause when we pull our OFOs, it pulls by salesfloor aisle, so TMs can work out the pulls faster since they’re not going to multiple aisles on the floor.

Must be a state thing. Candles have always been home for me. Care to explain? I’m 98% sure you can’t change them anymore. I believe there was a way in store apps but not since then

Must be a state thing. Candles have always been home for me. Care to explain? I’m 98% sure you can’t change them anymore. I believe there was a way in store apps but not since then
Candles always been stat for me . My Etl changed it when the custom block rolled out in zebra

Candles always been stat for me . My Etl changed it when the custom block rolled out in zebra
Custom blocks yes, fillgroups no
You can change custom blocks in the Receive app, but you can't change fillgroups. Candles were in STAT for most stores until recently, when they were moved to HOME.

I could be wrong, but I believe only small format stores have different fillgroups, most of which are a result of condensing like-fillgroups.
Correct. Just a lot more condensed so like Chem pulls chem and baby chem, home pulls All of plastics, doms, home, bed, bath. Only a couple style fill groups. Food has the most due to food safety regulations.

Back