Archived backstocking on mydevice

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I work instocks almost every morning, and I'm not sure about most stores but our store we backstock our own items. this used to be easy since we always used pda's, but about a month ago management made us use mydevices. at first it was terrible because they were terrible... but as of late, they've gotten much better. battery life is a little undesirable. but i just found out a couple of days ago you can backstock with mydevices now... and its actually a lot faster. I work backroom a lot as well, and i actually prefer backstocking with the mydevice than the pda... especially since we got new pda's and they suck now. has anyone tried it yet?

It's nice because it's all done from one screen and it processes pretty quick (when the mydevice feels like it).

I really like not having to toggle apps. I just wish I could pull autofill batches from it.

I found backstocking with a mydevice to be painfully slow. Research was bad also.

Maybe the wifi in my store just sucks that bad.

Lol same here with the wifi. Ughhhh

I have SUBT ("take") with the mydevice but every time I try to back stock I forget how to do it.

I find backstocking with an iPod faster since "SUBT 999" for Plano stuff is quicker than toggling between STO and SUBT on a PDA or using two PDAs lol.

I find backstocking with an iPod faster since "SUBT 999" for Plano stuff is quicker than toggling between STO and SUBT on a PDA or using two PDAs lol.
so what is sub999 i work backroom a few days a week now, and someone had said that to me, but never actually explained what it was, he just assumed i knew...

so what is sub999 i work backroom a few days a week now, and someone had said that to me, but never actually explained what it was, he just assumed i knew...
Something that should not be played with if you don't know what your doing.

Something that should not be played with if you don't know what your doing.
I mean I know how to do most all functions, just no one has ever told me what it is or what it does. He told me to do it after someone tore a end cap down and I had to Backstock everything that was on it. The items kept coming on the caf pulls. He told me to sub999 it

SUBT 999 resets the accumulator. ;)

An example of its use would be when Plano kills a POG. The system doesn't automatically update and stuff for that POG will continue to drop in the CAFs.

Workbench has a specific PDF reference for PDA functions that has a section for resetting the accumulator using SUBT 999.

I always preferred using the LPDA over the PDA so the mydevice definitely seems more natural for me. I really like it because it lets me easily move things to other wacos. Something I stopped doing when they removed subt out of RFApps.

If your battery drains fast, try turning the screen's brightness down:
Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to bring up the quick settings and slide the brightness slider over to the left. The more dim your screen, the longer your battery will last.

How do you subt9999 on the my device. Is it take then 99999 will it then ask did you take all and then answer no and type the number left in that location?? That's my guess is this the correct way???

You have to sto the item first if it has no location in the Backroom. Then you just hit take, scan the location, key 9999. The system does not ask if you took everything when you key a quantity that is larger than what was actually in location. It simply asks you how many are left. So it's one less keystroke if you are subt9999-ing.

thanks for the info so stow first ... then take thanks again i have to do this often with my produce, the damn cabbage, lettuce, romaine, single tomatoes, cherubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back