Archived Bandits hide in restroom, rob Philadelphia Target at gunpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
We rarely have skims outside of Q4. I asked a GSA about requesting a skim (via the HELP button) once, but she told me they generally won't respond to a request unless there are several registers that need a skim.

GSTL went around last night closing saying to nobody in particular "If they did that to me, I would knock them in their head.' Yeahhhh... sure...

They did leave the parking lot lights on after closing thought. Welcome change.

So I guess my first question is, if you're in the store after it's locked up, do the motion detectors activate the alarm? Second, what would you steal? I'm thinking it would have to be small, but still profitable. That way you could fill a backpack and ride a bike out the back door.

And here's footage for your viewing pleasure... Don't understand why you would wear a sweatshirt with visible writing on it.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=9512108

Man, she's real calm. I would be shaking and probably have a bullet in my head. I hope they get caught. They haven't caught the two people who murdered my friend in the heart in front of her mom over a purse three months ago despite having video footage and a description of the car. I love this city and it's vastly underrated, but it's been letting me down.

Last edited:
And here's footage for your viewing pleasure... Don't understand why you would wear a sweatshirt with visible writing on it.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=9512108

Man, she's real calm. I would be shaking and probably have a bullet in my head. I hope they get caught. They haven't caught the two people who murdered my friend in the heart in front of her mom over a purse three months ago despite having video footage and a description of the car. I love this city and it's vastly underrated, but it's been letting me down.

Big hug Dan.

We rarely have skims outside of Q4. I asked a GSA about requesting a skim (via the HELP button) once, but she told me they generally won't respond to a request unless there are several registers that need a skim.

Ditto. We don't do skims really outside of Q4 as well, but I will say that maybe 5-6 years ago they were done a lot more frequently on the weekends when we would regularly have $200k+ forecasts. I know we would just look at the report under insidepos that showed cash balances in all the registers and skimmed the registers that were excessive

So I guess my first question is, if you're in the store after it's locked up, do the motion detectors activate the alarm? Second, what would you steal? I'm thinking it would have to be small, but still profitable. That way you could fill a backpack and ride a bike out the back door.

I believe the alarm is only for the doors. My store has an overnight team, and the closing LOD always arms the building.

Something is in the water in the area

It sounds almost comical, but for customers, employees and police at a Montgomery County Target, an incident involving a dead snake and sledgehammer was anything but.

Police say that last Saturday a man carrying a dead snake used a sledgehammer to bust through a window at the Target on Route 100 in West Pottsgrove Township, according to The Times Herald.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...-256369501.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_PHBrand

Something is in the water in the area

It sounds almost comical, but for customers, employees and police at a Montgomery County Target, an incident involving a dead snake and sledgehammer was anything but.

Police say that last Saturday a man carrying a dead snake used a sledgehammer to bust through a window at the Target on Route 100 in West Pottsgrove Township, according to The Times Herald.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...-256369501.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_PHBrand

That sound comical and scary at the same time.

You forgot to mention that store is easily 50 miles to the Northwest ;)

Much better that the store simply lost money (which would most likely be insured anyways) than anyone getting hurt. However from what my HR person told me a long time back, any time there's a threat with a weapon (especially if its been shown) the etl should have no second thought when it comes to giving them what they ask for... even if its taking them in the cash office and opening the safe and giving it to them....

Hell, forget the weapon...if someone waves a snake at me, dead or alive, they can have the contents of whatever is in front of me, no questions asked!

Years ago, gs used to keep a stack of bills in a secured drawer at gs, used for robbery attempts. A gs tm noticed it & never asked what it was for. That tm started to skimming cash at the gs, & a/p wasn't sure which gs tm was doing it. A/p moved some cameras around in gs. One night, when that tm was closing gs alone , they got real greedy & took the bait & a/p nabbed them. The rumor for stealing by the tm, was some fast spending money. I have not seen the bait money in few years. It was mostly of ones, with a few big bills on the top & bottom of the stack.

The most scram, is cashiers taking $5 gift cards when buying required items,. I won't say how it done. But, I did guess right when a/p was telling me about it.

I believe the alarm is only for the doors. My store has an overnight team, and the closing LOD always arms the building.

There are some motion detectors, in certain parts of the Building, but, most commonly, it's armed to stay (because people are inside) and those are turned off. I never understood why Target never invested in "glass break" detectors. I mean, no Burglar is going to have a key to our store, there gonna have to break the glass to get inside, and when they do, there gonna be able to walk around for a little while before the alarm, even picks up on them.

If there was glass break detectors, it'd go off instantly, and most burglars would just run...

Years ago, gs used to keep a stack of bills in a secured drawer at gs, used for robbery attempts. A gs tm noticed it & never asked what it was for. That tm started to skimming cash at the gs, & a/p wasn't sure which gs tm was doing it. A/p moved some cameras around in gs. One night, when that tm was closing gs alone , they got real greedy & took the bait & a/p nabbed them. The rumor for stealing by the tm, was some fast spending money. I have not seen the bait money in few years. It was mostly of ones, with a few big bills on the top & bottom of the stack.

The most scram, is cashiers taking $5 gift cards when buying required items,. I won't say how it done. But, I did guess right when a/p was telling me about it.
Never heard of the bait money thing, wonder if my ETLAP will go for it. The $5 GC thing, happens weekly around here.

Never heard of the bait money thing, wonder if my ETLAP will go for it. The $5 GC thing, happens weekly around here.

It was a program, that was discontinued years ago. Only real old-timers will know about it.

whats the purpose of a robbery fund..? money to give out if you're robbed? lol.

That's EXACTLY what it was intended for. It was usually a brick of ones (about $1000) wrapped with larger bills ($50s or $100s) in a deposit bag locked in a drawer near photo/SD.
I don't know of any stores in the area that ever had to give it out, tho, so they discontinued it & we sent the large bills to the bank. Didn't have to order $1s for quite a while...

To be honest, I thought the concept was a great idea. Although, in all honesty, I don't think Target robberies are all that common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back