Archived Banning M-Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our store recently started the no m-delete process. I don't mind it. Since we started the locu, the frequency has gone down rapidly and we've gotten green. I'm noticing far more accurate pulls both for sfs and caf so.... can't complain.

As our backroom trainer I've been fairly surprised and shocked at how much I have to dumb things down for some people.

Like basic math..... seriously. You pulled 3 case packs of 5 items each..... that means you pulled 15 items.

x.x

And common sense. Why the fuck would you jam 30 different juice and milk bottles on one shelf.

*head wall*

Not necessarily how to count but to look at similar items and tell them apart. HE detergent vs Regular. I find a huge amount of mistakes are of that detail variety.
That is a huge mistake I see regularly on multiple fronts. Backstocked improperly (as the same item), pulled improperly (since someone properly backstocked HE/regular together for some stupid reason), and picked for SFS from the sales floor as the same item - Need 2 of the same detergent, this didn't scan, this one did...weird, grab em both. because 1 is HE and 1 isn't.

Not necessarily how to count but to look at similar items and tell them apart. HE detergent vs Regular. I find a huge amount of mistakes are of that detail variety.

True. But I do find items with different colors, slightly different style, different bar code, yet there the same DPCI. FFS

True. But I do find items with different colors, slightly different style, different bar code, yet there the same DPCI. FFS

Then all you did was go through the motions twice for the same DCPI, the count is still correct. Still better to separate out what looks different and have them scan the same. Keeps those mistakes from happening.

This may help.

I watched a flow TM pick up a box look at pic label, look up at isle number, back down at pic label and repeat X3 at a snails pace then toss it down the wrong isle. She was the bowler for the pallet, the pushers told me "It's just easier to fix it than get her to do it right."

Once upon a time, there was a (U)pdate option along with (S)kip, and so on. Allowed you to LOCU as you pulled without toggleing to LOCU. Also back when you could toggle to LOCU.

Soooo.. if you're doing correctly by scanning everything in the location before using m-delete, you won't show up on the report? But that would still be a ding against a green score, right?

That is correct. The BRLA score will take a hit because a ghost was reported, but the only way an error involving M-Delete would be attributed to you is if you didn't scan every item in the location before using M-Delete, resulting in a baffle. Thanks to @60SecondsRemaining for explaining this on the previous page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back