Barely any hours....confused.

Hey,

I'm a new GM team member (on my second week) and I'm finally on the regular paper schedule which is posted every week. My 2 weeks of training have consistently been 30 hours per week, but when I looked on the board this afternoon, I only have 5 hours next week. What gives? My coworkers don't seem to have gotten cut, or at least this much..

Should I be concerned?

I wouldn't worry. Depending on when the schedules were written they might already have allocated hours for your work center and things should get ironed out soon.

Not sayin' you'll get 40 hours, mind, just that 5 hours is low so they should go up next schedule (or the schedule after).

If that week is expected to be a slow week, then there are less hours available. It won't always be like that.

I know for presentation, 2 weeks out is going to be our slowest of the year. End of June will be our BTS set, so it usually picks back up around that time.

Bring it up to your TL/ETL, might be an oversight. They can probably add you for shifts..

Our store is taking 2 less trucks 2 weeks out, and we have no workload. With that being said my gm team is going to see less hours than usual. Are you a DBO, floater?

Our store is taking 2 less trucks 2 weeks out, and we have no workload. With that being said my gm team is going to see less hours than usual. Are you a DBO, floater?
Well, you THINK you’re taking 2 less trucks. Until the time comes and they decide to tell you “oh btw we added extra trucks this week on the days you have no people. Make sure you come clean!”

Good chance they just forgot to schedule you due to you being new. Wouldn't worry about it until next schedule really but I would mention it to your TL.

Well, you THINK you’re taking 2 less trucks. Until the time comes and they decide to tell you “oh btw we added extra trucks this week on the days you have no people. Make sure you come clean!”
At this point truck adds are are pretty common, with that being said we have never added a truck if we couldn't staff properly. If the DC adds a truck for Wed and we can't get the people in to push, we move it to a day we feel more comfortable. If your store is adding trucks on days they don't have a plan or team to come clean, thats a leadership issue in your building. Every time we take a truck add we have food catered for the team, so they know we appreciate them. If we are ever in a pinch we give OT to key DBO's.

Back