Archived Bathrooms and payroll

Status
Not open for further replies.
did i technically get one of the most hated members banned???? and there was a interview that Brian Cornell did where he said at one point in the 60's Target started using black mannequins, at that time also the masses boycotted Target and said it wasn't right and immoral and that it put people at risk.....i think and hope that this is just gonna be a flavor of the month because i've seen myself investing a future in Target and going up the ladder as far as possible.....BUT BILLS HAVE TO BE PAID LOL

Last edited:
did i technically get one of the most hated members banned???? and there was a interview that Brian Cornell did where he said at one point in the 60's Target started using black mannequins, at that time also the masses boycotted Target and said it wasn't right and immoral and that it put people at risk.....i think and hope that this is just gonna be a flavor of the month because i've seen myself investing a future in Target and going up the ladder as far as possible.....BUT BILLS HAVE TO BE PAID LOL

He got himself banned.

Too bad that it came to that, but spitting bigoted views like that is bound to have repercussions.

@cobycord : having been with spot for nearly 15 yrs, yes it's the flavor of the month.
I remember the so-called 'war on Christmas' (spot went back to 'Christmas' the following year), the dust up over same-sex couples' benefits (which was about the same time our local school district did the same), the backlash over the CEO donating to an anti-gay candidate's PAC (nothing personal, it's just business), the plain red Starbucks cups at Christmas (really?).
This too shall pass albeit with a little more damage & hopefully their kids will look back on this & wonder 'WTF'?

Target has doubled down on their bathroom policy, despite losing nearly 10 Billion in their stock value since the first policy announcement. Normally there is no price to pay for a PC statement, so the board and CEO must have thought. On the other hand, sales will bounce back within 6 months as long as there are not too many instances that make the newspapers and social media regarding problems in individual stores.

Target has doubled down on their bathroom policy, despite losing nearly 10 Billion in their stock value since the first policy announcement. Normally there is no price to pay for a PC statement, so the board and CEO must have thought. On the other hand, sales will bounce back within 6 months as long as there are not too many instances that make the newspapers and social media regarding problems in individual stores.

That and the new coupon policy doesn't inadvertently bump too many valid/legit coupons.

......and it must have worked, in the last 30 days the Target stock (TGT) is up 7.19%

Sales were up 1.2%, the problem was Target (predicted a 1.5% increase) and other retailers predicted they would be higher. So Target like most retailers took a brief stock hit and then rebounded this month. Walmart was in the same boat a dip in may and the up since then. So with Target still seeing an increase in sales although not as much as they hoped, and other retail stocks looking the same it would seem the boycott does not exist or just had no impact. Target stock was at 70.08 at the start of the year and is 74.92 now (that would mean nothing lost in stock value and slight increase in fact). Anybody who has been with Target long enough has seen a dozen of the boycotts and none of them ever came to anything.

Is anyone else getting random I'm boycotting target faxes at their stores??

It certainly didn't help that's for sure, the hours at my store have definitely dropped a bit even though we always make sales.
To make up for it they've divided full shifts into half shifts so people can have decent amount of hours, lots of people that were getting 30+ hours have to find a second job now...

Target stock followed the same trend as the rest of retail after the bathroom announcement. It finally tanked into the 60s on the same day they released their Q1 earnings...a full month after the bathrooms announcement. It is now trending up and is back in the mid 70s ahead of the Q2 earnings release in a few weeks.

Yes. Several a day last week. From states half the country away.
Same!!! We didn't know if we should call Alert One or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back