Archived Best Guest Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm new to Target. Been working there about 2 Weeks.. Tonight was my first night cashiering. It went good, I managed to get 5 Redcards right out the gate! I made it a point to offer the 5% savings to EVERY guest throughout the night and was met with all attitudes.. From rude to overjoyed. But my second to last guest was awesome. She was super friendly. She kept complimenting how I was "well trained." And had the right attitude to go far in the company.. I finished her transaction and as she was leaving she asked "where she could find mh LOD." A few mins later My LOD shows up and come to find out that lady was married to some sort of higher up in the company and she seemed to think I needed a promotion. True or not it made my night :) best guest EVER.

It just takes one decent person to make a decent day.

Very nice. You never know who will go through your line.

I was on break one day and a guest who appreciated the help I gave them another day saw me ordering a coffee at Starbucks. She came over and asked if she could go ahead of me. I let her. She asked if I knew anything about the pastries, I told her what my opinion was and she proceeded to buy me a Starbucks pastry.

It is always nice when you know you are appreciated.

So we had this BOGO sale in shoes last week and due to that our shoe department is somewhat resembling scrambled eggs in the way the shoes are located. I was attempting to get shoe go backs put away and I could hear this little voice a couple rows over calling out numbers. Didn't think much of it but when I happened to enter the row to put away some shoes this girl about 9 or so looks at me with a big smile and says "I helped you out and put them in order".... she had done like an entire four foot section. I told her if she was old enough I'd have to hire her. She just grinned and skipped off with her mom. :D

So we had this BOGO sale in shoes last week and due to that our shoe department is somewhat resembling scrambled eggs in the way the shoes are located. I was attempting to get shoe go backs put away and I could hear this little voice a couple rows over calling out numbers. Didn't think much of it but when I happened to enter the row to put away some shoes this girl about 9 or so looks at me with a big smile and says "I helped you out and put them in order".... she had done like an entire four foot section. I told her if she was old enough I'd have to hire her. She just grinned and skipped off with her mom. :D
did you say spot was hiring & agood job too?

That is adorable, lol. I wish she'd come and help me out! ;)

did you say spot was hiring & agood job too?

LOL! Didn't think about it. I believe I was in a bit of a shock at first. Every now and again you get that guest (even the tiny ones) who restore your faith in humanity. Too bad they're few and far between. ><

That is adorable, lol. I wish she'd come and help me out! ;)

Yeh, she was pretty darn cute. :D

I was putting out a cart of trading cards one time & this kid (about 9 yrs) was looking. I was holding a packet out, looking for the peg when he pointed it out & put it on there for me. Before long, he was helping me put them out as it had become a game for him.
After a while, his mom called to him (she'd been getting clothes for his younger sister). I had in my pocket a $5 gift card I'd gotten as a prize. As he started to leave, I gave it to him as a thanks. He bounced over to his mom & told her. She tried to have him give it back but I told her that, after seeing so many ill-behaved kids tearing up my store, I just HAD to reward someone as nice as her son.
Looked like it made the day for BOTH of them.

Yeah, I was fortunate recently...

Not only do I have to give credit to the guy who came through my line that i traded stories with about rescuing cats ( like, not from the no-kill, but out of the gutter, from underneath the pickup truck on a searingly hot summer day, etc. ), who REALLY gave me back a LITTLE faith in humanity, but....

A few days ago I rang this guy up, and he was trying to coax/goad/order his daughter away from the checklane toys.

Turns out she was picking up all the strays, misplaced checklane doodads, and whatnot, and diligently, patiently, and meticulously, putting things in the right place.

And she even thanked me and told me to have a nice day.

Now THOSE two made my day!!! ( Even if I am still as cynical as the average stadium full of people... )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back