Best TL position to apply for and be in?

This. You work for the PMBP, and if you have any problematic ETLs or SD, your boss can drop by unannounced to them for the harshest visit that they’ll fill the DSD on, then pull them in the office after and set them straight, you’ll have a ton of exposure to the PMD (although you probably will end up wanting to stay in role vs promoting), you might make more money, you won’t fight for the DEO scraps at review time with the rest of the store; the list goes on. No more carrying a zebra, you wear black and guests think you’re a vendor, you’ll probably talk to your boss a couple times a week at most, via text or a quick call, and you’ll maybe see them every other week. Oh, and Monday-Friday early shifts 40 hours a week, no more and no less. Get bored? Want more money? Nail it for a year then ask for a harder assignment, and get an additional raise for moving to a more complex store.
There is a reason that most PMLs have been in position for 10+ years. It's an easy job if you do it, and it is also an easy job to get fired from because work validation is very easy to check.

The best part is guests don't bother you and you do everything on your own time for the most part. Every day is different and you aren't stuck pushing all day or setting the same pogs a million times.

Like I said, if you have any ability to be "handy" then you should consider being a PML. All of the work is walked through step by step and if you are comfortable using tools, painting and problem solving etc. I would recommend anyone to apply and see what it's about.

Our closing TL is paged constantly. They are always running from the front end to the backroom and back again. They jump in OPUs, cover SCO and Service Desk, zone the endcaps down the main aisles, collect carts and abandons around the store, etc - not to mention their duties with regard to closing the store. Just my observation, but seems like a lot.

We’re all paged constantly and jump into OPU, backup front, and zone. That’s nothing special. Leaders do that while having to execute projects, pulls, push freight, Backroom, etc. Waaaaaayyyy blown out of proportion. In our store dayside leaders must pick SFS the beginning of their shift.

Closing TLs just have to make sure the building doesn’t go totally to crap. There isn’t no metrics tied to reshop. If pick on time or other metrics fail on their watch unfortunately it falls back on the flex leaders. They don’t truly have much ownership. You’re making it sound like they’re doing things no one else is doing and I don’t see it. I mean I can walk into an entire truck on the line, reshop, SFS, and OPU. We have to clear all that. Closing isn’t expected to do that. It’s basically reshop and zone for them. Listen out for any calls that would require an ETL. If you have a good team it’s incredibly easy.

I close on weekends as an ETL in a 100 million dollar store. I’m not buying the closing TL job is hard 🤷🏽‍♂️. Different opinions.

Say no more . Back in the day my sd wanted me to do closing but then said it’s not for me because it’s to boring , so instead he gave me remodel to keep me on my toes 😂 but I think inbound is the best. Just the fast pace work and being out by 6:30 am

I too find it boring. The thought of I’m wasting my time here crosses my mind when I’m closing. Legitimately could be knocking out the mountains of workload we have but I’m here making sure reshop and the zones isn’t horrid 🤷🏽‍♂️.

Fellow ETL-Remodel here. I know the pain of remodel lol.

We’re all paged constantly and jump into OPU, backup front, and zone. That’s nothing special. Leaders do that while having to execute projects, pulls, push freight, Backroom, etc. Waaaaaayyyy blown out of proportion. In our store dayside leaders must pick SFS the beginning of their shift.

Closing TLs just have to make sure the building doesn’t go totally to crap. There isn’t no metrics tied to reshop. If pick on time or other metrics fail on their watch unfortunately it falls back on the flex leaders. They don’t truly have much ownership. You’re making it sound like they’re doing things no one else is doing and I don’t see it. I mean I can walk into an entire truck on the line, reshop, SFS, and OPU. We have to clear all that. Closing isn’t expected to do that. It’s basically reshop and zone for them. Listen out for any calls that would require an ETL. If you have a good team it’s incredibly easy.

I close on weekends as an ETL in a 100 million dollar store. I’m not buying the closing TL job is hard 🤷🏽‍♂️. Different opinions.

I too find it boring. The thought of I’m wasting my time here crosses my mind when I’m closing. Legitimately could be knocking out the mountains of workload we have but I’m here making sure reshop and the zones isn’t horrid 🤷🏽‍♂️.

Reshoot and zones are just as important as other workload.

I never said other TLs and ETLs don't have as much or more on their plates, I said Closing TL is not easy and it certainly shouldn't be boring. Of course you find closing the store boring and frustrating because you are from another work center and would rather be getting your main work done. But if someone is Closing TL, that IS their main job and I say again, how can it be boring? And just the fact that they have to close five nights in a row every week is a big turn-off to many people. No retail management job is easy or stress free.

I never said other TLs and ETLs don't have as much or more on their plates, I said Closing TL is not easy and it certainly shouldn't be boring. Of course you find closing the store boring and frustrating because you are from another work center and would rather be getting your main work done. But if someone is Closing TL, that IS their main job and I say again, how can it be boring? And just the fact that they have to close five nights in a row every week is a big turn-off to many people. No retail management job is easy or stress free.
I feel like each TL position has pros and cons. I am on my third different role. As a Closing TL, I am in charge of making sure the team has Pulls 100% every night. That is the metric I pushed to achieve. The biggest thing for me is managing the team with calls out. That can make or break any night for me. Our DSD is harsh on zone so that is usually our focus each week.

Reshoot and zones are just as important as other workload.
Not arguing that. Saying that is the basics that we all do. On top of that there are very much more that they’re not responsible for. If you took away that I’m saying reshop and zone isn’t important than you’re mistaking what I mean.

I’ve done closing TL before. It was boring to me then too. Flow/Inbound, NSoE, Remodel, GM, Fulfillment, Presentation, Backroom, and GSTL were all more challenging to me. I think all positions are important. We were just comparing levels of difficulty which I’m of the opinion that it’s not as hard as some people make it out to be.

It’s okay to have a different opinion than me. There is also the X factor in all of this which is the individual. I might find something easy or bearable and another might find it incredibly hard and vice versa.

I used to unload quads, remodel I had to manage some insane things, Fulfillment was a constant battle but for me as an individual, running Starbucks will be harder for me than all that craziness I was doing because I know it’s just an area that doesn’t fit me at all.

Not sure if its specific to my store but the closing lead has access to all of GM(inc SFS), and everything under Store Leadership(Closing ex, training, pres, ect..)

Back