Archived Big Changes Coming to AP

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Alaska we always took Canadian coins (quarters, dimes, nickles) straight across.
I never thought any different until I moved down to the lower 48 and somebody wouldn't take a Canadian dime.

I was referring to TMs not following best practice, (...)like accepting foreign currency(...)

Hmm, I've actually never been told not to do this.

Is it considered poor practice to accept Canadian coins even if they make up a very small % of the purchase?

Never accepted anything other than Canadian, but I have never thought much of it if a guest hands me a canadian dime or two, the difference in exchange rates seems pretty much negligible, but I've never had a guest try and pay with Canadian bills, or pay for their entire purchase with Canadian coins.

It says in like Targets Currency directives or whatever ( Cant remember the exact name) .. that if your within a certain mile of canada you have to take the currency.

Is it considered poor practice to accept Canadian coins even if they make up a very small % of the purchase?

Never accepted anything other than Canadian, but I have never thought much of it if a guest hands me a canadian dime or two, the difference in exchange rates seems pretty much negligible, but I've never had a guest try and pay with Canadian bills, or pay for their entire purchase with Canadian coins.

It's in the training book that border stores that do accept Canadian currency have a button to account for the exchange rate, and that change is provided in American currency only. I live in a border state and honestly hardly anyone even notices Canadian change (I even tell Canadian guests that I can accept their change, that's how little people around here actually care). What happened at my store is that someone somehow accepted a toonie. :/ Americans don't even HAVE a two dollar coin!!

Yeah, I live in Michigan, we get a lot of Canadian coins, I have just always accepted them as if they were American. The toonie however, yes, I wouldn't accept that or a loonie, but dimes, nickels, quarters, meh. Every Canadian quarter accepted shorts my drawer by about two cents, I can't imagine anyone caring if a drawer is two cents shy of what is expected to be in it.

Considering they don't even count the change in the drawers, they would never know the difference.

We might not count change but we still have a way to account for whats expected to be in there.

I was referring to TMs not following best practice, (...)like accepting foreign currency(...)

My store is not far from the border, and we hit K8 to exchange Canadian bills. We were told that we generally should not accept Canadian coins, but if a few slip through here and there, it's not a big deal. As Retail Girl said, they don't count the coins, so it's not the end of the world.

So my APTL is transfering to another store and they've(my ETL and STL) to get prepared for the interviews. I was excited to be an APTL but now I'm a little hesitant. Should I be??

This sounds entirely made up. R100 director of AP has been running around telling everyone that TPS is the most important TM position in the company. I wouldn't be surprised if APS positions were cut based on need/productivity but I don't think TPS is going anywhere.

My etl-ap said we may be getting our hours cut once again. We have 100 hours with 3 tps' s. However activity has been going up. The tps position is very vital to our store as we're kinda low risk but we get a lot of general calls that keep us busy.

Simple way to solve theft at Target stores: hire an off duty cop that has a loaded gun and keep said off duty cop at the front(if not a gun, then a taser). Trust me, theft would go way down. How many piece of crap thieves are willing to risk their lives for an Ipod or HDTV?

Simple way to solve theft at Target stores: hire an off duty cop that has a loaded gun and keep said off duty cop at the front(if not a gun, then a taser). Trust me, theft would go way down. How many piece of crap thieves are willing to risk their lives for an Ipod or HDTV?

LOL!! Do you not know what a uniformed TPS is?? I mean, sure they don't have a gun/tazer, but are you really going to shoot someone for stealing an item? Do you also know an off-duty officer costs in the range of $30+/hr.. you can hire THREE TPS' at that rate and not have to worry about somebody getting shot because they're trigger happy lol

I kinda doubt Target would accept the liability of having a TM with who has the ability to use deadly force. But hey, at least we could offer them amazing of pay and benefits compared to what they're used to. /sarcasm

Actually, sworn officers cant work ap due to liability. That would be cool though if they could work.

i'm losing my etl-ap, no word on a replacement yet. the store i work at right now doesn't make enough to be high volume, but we do pick up as the year progresses. i don't think we're getting another etl-ap, i would be surprised if we did. i hope they stop slashing tps hours, yesterday was a slow day for my team all day and all of a sudden we got 3 PMR's within 2 hours, one of them was a go pro one.

Well if Target wants to be cheap, then that's on them. I mean they could humble themselves and release some of their greed and just pay for liability insurance or whatever protection they would need in order to have an armed guard. I am telling you if all Target stores had an armed guard, theft and money losses would go down dramatically. Only the wackos and people that have a death wish will throw away their lives for an Ipod or HDTV.

My store may be getting fewer tps hours. My etl-ap ap is trying hard to keep those hours. Activity is picking up for us. I had a very busy week. We had an arson fire on the building perimeter and a pmr and a ktr all within three days. And we're not even that high risk. However there are many high risk stores around my area.

Simple way to solve theft at Target stores: hire an off duty cop that has a loaded gun and keep said off duty cop at the front

Years & Years ago, Wal-Mart used to have armed officers, (even mini police stations) in high loss stores. I don't know why it was eliminated, but.. I'd imagine it had to do with there little restructuring project back in 2008.

i want to let everyone know that I recently spoke with an individual in an investigations role who informed me that the director of AP decided not to implement most of the originally discussed proposals this year.
there will be no major changes to store AP structure this year.
the latest copy of 2014 AP resource allocation still keeps the TPS and APS roles for all stores (except APTL/APL stores).

i think it's still important to know that these types of changes are being discussed, but i apologize if i caused any unneeded panic.
things that are happening for sure:
-all APTL stores will lose their TPS hours and combine APTL/APL into a single role.
(it goes without saying that the 20 or so stores in the company with an ETL-AP and APTL are not a part of this)
-there will be a general reduction of AP hours across the company.
-a cross-training program for part-time TPS is being discussed as a way for PT TPS to get more hours.
(this program would come later in 2014 if implemented)

AE 14 just declared all non unique/high risk stores to alot a APTL and remove ETL-AP, so in a nut shell that removes lots of TPS's?

While most of those were words, the way they're arranged doesn't seem to make much sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back