Archived Big changes for plano!

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we are on topic of PTM'ing and item replace best practice. [...] rant over.

Sounds like my ETL-HL, but to a greater extent. I understand wanting the floor to be full, but because of the inevitable communication breakdown, flow won't be aware of the situation and they'll mis-push, which of course will **** up instocks. The only area where this really makes sense is One Spot because the price points are mostly consistent and it saves backroom the trouble of backstocking hundreds of pieces of openstock.

The company need to realizes these aisles with dividers and pushers are better off as a Transition than Large Revision, which makes NO sense since you have to move all the dividers/pushers anyway and that takes just about the same amount of time as if it's a Transition.

So what does this mean for the 8 enormous tubs of backstock plano dumps in the backroom everyday and walks away from? Will it be, like, 5 instead, or what?

Please don't complain about the amount of backstock plano sends you. We are not the ones that overpush until things are falling off the shelves and peghooks. We didn't design a PTM process that overstuffs aisles before a transition then leaves no place to put it after the reset. It is not our fault that facings are cut down in the new plano. We reset an aisle and fill it to plano. What is left is backstock - we have no choice in the matter. What are we supposed to do - throw it out
THANK YOU!!!

Last edited:
Please don't complain about the amount of backstock plano sends you. We are not the ones that overpush until things are falling off the shelves and peghooks. We didn't design a PTM process that overstuffs aisles before a transition then leaves no place to put it after the reset. It is not our fault that facings are cut down in the new plano. We reset an aisle and fill it to plano. What is left is backstock - we have no choice in the matter. What are we supposed to do - throw it out
THANK YOU!!!
So what does this mean for the 8 enormous tubs of backstock plano dumps in the backroom everyday and walks away from? Will it be, like, 5 instead, or what?

I think that if they are bringing their BS back like hat someone needs to have a conversation about it. I was having a problem when the br used to pull for us it would come out a holy mess.. I ave always made my team do thing neat and orderly and getting pulls out like that make them mad.. i had a nice conversation with the Br at one of their huddles and wala.. all taken care of. "basically if you dont want us to give you a tub of crazyness, then dont give us a tub of crazyness" now they dont pull for us so its kind of a moot point but we still make sure things go back nice and neat.

Last edited by a moderator:
what annoys me is i set tune in the day before i strip tie batch and pull everything from the stockroom my shift ends when the store closes so the last 10 minutes i fill new releases and everything else i set. i am not always working the next day, so sometimes there is an out and they get mad because its empty. i tell them constantly its a new release i couldn't find it in location or where they keep the nr in the stockroom it could be coming off the truck and i dont want to fill it with something else then that messes up the flow pushers.

we flex in our store constantly we have to find ample product to fill the emptys and then we have to make a flex label for it but not if its a new set because the merch can still be in the backroom

we have to literaly beg the br to pull our batches. i work plano but since we have so many people in plano i seem to get the shaft when it comes to hours and now our store is combining plano and pricing into one team and we have to be cross trained

In my store, Plano pulls their own batches, we (whoever is in the BR backstocking at the time) have to backstock them. It's usually not a huge hassle, but when it's a big set, paired with a big truck it turns into a complete nightmare.

We have had to talk to basically the entire store about sending back tubs and 3 tiers a holy mess, and even trying to leave guest carts full of backstock in the backroom when there are empty BR vehicals a few feet away.
Just because you put a pink clip on it, doesnt mean its backroom ready!

We have had to talk to basically the entire store about sending back tubs and 3 tiers a holy mess said:
even trying to leave guest carts full of backstock in the backroom when there are empty BR vehicals a few feet away.[/U]

That is a huge pet peeve of mine. I hate having shopping carts with backstock in my backroom. When I catch people doing it I get forceful tell them to get a tub or flat and transfer them in an organized fashion. My pulls are organized so my backstock better be organized.

We have had to talk to basically the entire store about sending back tubs and 3 tiers a holy mess said:
even trying to leave guest carts full of backstock in the backroom when there are empty BR vehicals a few feet away.[/U]

That is a huge pet peeve of mine. I hate having shopping carts with backstock in my backroom. When I catch people doing it I get forceful tell them to get a tub or flat and transfer them in an organized fashion. My pulls are organized so my backstock better be organized.
I tell folks not to leave shopping carts in the back room. If I find them, I will fix it, put it in tub, find the tm who did it. Years ago, I broke my finger in 3 places, because of shopping cart.

I got the shopping cart lecture once from my backroom TL. He told me that it's a Target rule (not our store's rule) that shopping carts are not supposed to be in the backroom.

It's probably a safety hazard because the light plastic shopping carts move and turn more easily than the heavy-duty logistics vehicles (flats, tubs, 3-tiers, and pallet jacks).

I prefer shopping carts of backstock over using shopping carts for pulls. Shouldn't have to worry about that till Q4 though.

like i said in an earlier post.. if thats happening someone needs to speak up. its not that hard to do things in a neat way.. use repacks etc. bring it up at a chat session or something..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back