Archived Big changes for plano!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revisions and transitions are going away after 4th quarter. In there place will be a so called "large revision". This will give the presentation teams less workload and more time to spend with guests and drive sales. More info is on the main page of work bench!

I heard my STL talking about this as I was clocking out yesterday. Anyone have anymore details? He was talking about how there will also be no flexing allowed or something. Interesting. Also, anyone know what these means for areas with time sensitive revisions like mmb and electronics? I'm in a ULV, so I've always been surprised by how many hours go to plano in my store - not that they haven't needed them for the amount of work that they've had (they definitely barely keep up because even the amount of hours they have is never enough vs the amount of work), but it has always felt like that process could be streamlined a bit.

Last edited:
I heard my STL talking about this as I was clocking out yesterday. Anyone have anymore details? He was talking about how there will also be no flexing allowed or something. Interesting. Also, anyone know what these means for areas with time sensitive revisions like mmb and electronics? I'm in a ULV, so I've always been surprised by how many hours go to plano in my store - not that they haven't needed them for the amount of work that they've had (they definitely barely keep up because even the amount of hours they have is never enough vs the amount of work), but it has always felt like that process could be streamlined a bit.

Oddly enough, I believe the no flexing rule has been in place for a while. Everybody ignores it though.

Oddly enough, I believe the no flexing rule has been in place for a while. Everybody ignores it though.

No flexing?? My STL would have a heart attack. She calls out any empty endcap/sidecap she sees to make sure someone immediately fills it.

No flexing?? My STL would have a heart attack. She calls out any empty endcap/sidecap she sees to make sure someone immediately fills it.

End caps and side caps can simply be replaced with other items. The sort of flexing I'm thinking of is when someone moves an item over to fill up the space. Can really screw up instocks numbers.

Transitions and revisions are not going away. HQ is simply adding a new category classified as "Large Revisions." Basically, these are sets with no adjacency moves, major fixture changes, or major signing changes (backer paper, shelf liner, etc). There will still be regular revisions, including weekly MMB revisions. The only pogs technically classified as transitions will be the pogs that move to a different aisle or have major fixture and/or signing changes.

The large revision process will follow the same process as regular revisions. You won't de-merch the aisle. You'll just set a new revision and move product around. Seems to be more in line with MMB revisions. Book revisions drastically move items around every week, but you rarely have to move fixtures or signing. It basically saves time because you're not de-merching the aisle.

It wasn't clear whether or not there would be as many adjacency moves as usual. It seems like the yearly major transition for a division will have new pogs whereas the other annual reset where everything pretty much stays in the same place will just have large revisions.

Aisles that are only having a large revision (or I suppose just a revision) will not go MPG. They are not to be PTM'd except for flexing over discontinued outs (the actual rules for flexing).

I was vastly amused by the DO NOT PTM direction when all of the leadership in our district is screaming about having true outs flexed 2 seconds after the guest removes the last one from the shelf....

Transitions and revisions are not going away. HQ is simply adding a new category classified as "Large Revisions." Basically, these are sets with no adjacency moves, major fixture changes, or major signing changes (backer paper, shelf liner, etc). There will still be regular revisions, including weekly MMB revisions. The only pogs technically classified as transitions will be the pogs that move to a different aisle or have major fixture and/or signing changes.

The large revision process will follow the same process as regular revisions. You won't de-merch the aisle. You'll just set a new revision and move product around. Seems to be more in line with MMB revisions. Book revisions drastically move items around every week, but you rarely have to move fixtures or signing. It basically saves time because you're not de-merching the aisle.

It wasn't clear whether or not there would be as many adjacency moves as usual. It seems like the yearly major transition for a division will have new pogs whereas the other annual reset where everything pretty much stays in the same place will just have large revisions.

Aisles that are only having a large revision (or I suppose just a revision) will not go MPG. They are not to be PTM'd except for flexing over discontinued outs (the actual rules for flexing).

Thank you for this!

I was vastly amused by the DO NOT PTM direction when all of the leadership in our district is screaming about having true outs flexed 2 seconds after the guest removes the last one from the shelf....

I've been sending out this info to all of our leadership - they don't seem to know a thing about it! I'm laughing my butt off about this since they are already itching to flex the game wall which is specifically called out as one of the six "do not touch" pogs.

So what does this mean for the 8 enormous tubs of backstock plano dumps in the backroom everyday and walks away from? Will it be, like, 5 instead, or what?

So what does this mean for the 8 enormous tubs of backstock plano dumps in the backroom everyday and walks away from? Will it be, like, 5 instead, or what?
Please don't complain about the amount of backstock plano sends you. We are not the ones that overpush until things are falling off the shelves and peghooks. We didn't design a PTM process that overstuffs aisles before a transition then leaves no place to put it after the reset. It is not our fault that facings are cut down in the new plano. We reset an aisle and fill it to plano. What is left is backstock - we have no choice in the matter. What are we supposed to do - throw it out?

My problem is not with the back stock per say but in how it comes back. I swear that the POG team members who throw (yes throw) it on the tub have no clue of the back stock process. I actually pushed 2 tubs ack out to them and told them to organize it and then send it back.They did and they were pissed off. I also told them if back stock came back looking like that again they would be coached. There are 2 people on that team that are the most entitled twits I have ever met. Everyone has a heavy workload and no one has the right to make someone else's task that much harder because of laziness

My problem is not with the back stock per say but in how it comes back. I swear that the POG team members who throw (yes throw) it on the tub have no clue of the back stock process. I actually pushed 2 tubs ack out to them and told them to organize it and then send it back.They did and they were pissed off. I also told them if back stock came back looking like that again they would be coached. There are 2 people on that team that are the most entitled twits I have ever met. Everyone has a heavy workload and no one has the right to make someone else's task that much harder because of laziness

The backroom has a legit complaint against plano if they send backstock without organizing it. I do my best to rubberband small items and place similar items with different DPCIs in repacks in such a way that they are easily distinguished. That said, there are times when you just can't spend time organizing because you're being chased out the door (NO overtime allowed)!

Please don't complain about the amount of backstock plano sends you. We are not the ones that overpush until things are falling off the shelves and peghooks. We didn't design a PTM process that overstuffs aisles before a transition then leaves no place to put it after the reset. It is not our fault that facings are cut down in the new plano. We reset an aisle and fill it to plano. What is left is backstock - we have no choice in the matter. What are we supposed to do - throw it out?
We will only pull all d-code and carry forward needs when ptm-ing. We will remove shelves rather than overfill with unnecessary stock. It takes a lot less time to demerchandise and backstock, which, of course, saves payroll. ("Saves payroll" are 2 words I try to use whenever I push for something with management. Their ears perk up, tails wag, and occasionally they dance on their hind legs.)

The enormous mountains of backstock wouldn't bug me so much if (they were organized, for one) the backroom wasn't also solely, 100% responsible for pushing CAF at my store. We really don't have time for that sh**. One, yes; not both.

This isn't for fourth quarter. POG only has mostly regular revisions until Toys resets. The Large Revision is just so that you don't take everything off the aisle like you would with a regular pog.

While we are on topic of PTM'ing and item replace best practice. I get the whole item replace end caps.. i get that and thats fine. now not so much inlines, but trend runs. My STL says these need to be PTMd immediately after setting. (given yes there are a few outs here and there since its seasonal merch) My STL tells me to do things that break best practice and i get coached because of the push back i give because i was trained on best practices. I had the PTM the gifting POG in stationary because he didn't like how empty it looked "PTM this" "its not MPG" "its empty, PTM and item replace" "Again its not PTM ill zone it and ensure in stocks comes through and shoots it" "no just PTM it onto this end cap and well flex other bulk merch in the aisle" "But this is a big project that was not planned out into my already workload" "well we need to be resilient and adaptable when it comes to driving sales in our work centers"

This had been my life for the past 4 months. I am at my wits end. and cannot wait to tell him to be resilient and adaptable when 4 of his TLs put in their 2 weeks after 4th quarter.

rant over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back