Archived Big news coming Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naw, at a AA or AAA volume store there is no way to unload at 4am unless you want the truck done at 2pm the following day.

We have been 4am for a year at AA volume its a cluster fuck.. We used to be able to do it, but with flow only getting 3hrs they just roll what doesn't get pushed into the backroom..

So they announce a new "brand" and show pretty pictures.....they tell all about how they "develop" their new designs by traveling around the world and the wonderful price points........then they say that the items won't be available until April 8?? Really? Do they expect everyone to come running to the stores in April?
By the time the new brand comes out our guests will be tired of it!

So they announce a new "brand" and show pretty pictures.....they tell all about how they "develop" their new designs by traveling around the world and the wonderful price points........then they say that the items won't be available until April 8?? Really? Do they expect everyone to come running to the stores in April?
Must be nice to travel around the world. That means China etc

People had to wait for hearth and hand and they were still excited

Hearth and Hand did have Chip and Joanna Gaines to sell it tho
True. But I do think people are willing to wait.

I don’t hate the line. It’s like room essentials with fun patterns. My guess is a year from now xhileration will be gone (definitely from home, possibly from clothes too)

True. But I do think people are willing to wait.

I don’t hate the line. It’s like room essentials with fun patterns. My guess is a year from now xhileration will be gone (definitely from home, possibly from clothes too)

I wouldn't buy it but it's probably perfect for the demographics of our guests. The folks in Minneapolis probably know more than I do about that stuff.

I wouldn't buy it but it's probably perfect for the demographics of our guests. The folks in Minneapolis probably know more than I do about that stuff.
I’m in the camp of more lines the better. People want a certain style and they want to find a name they can associate the style to.

Threshold got wayyy too watered down, Project 62 resolved it.

If this is Umbro our new soccer clothing and kids sporting goods brand it's been on workbench for like 2 weeks.

Don't blame corporate.

Mytime gives enough hours to have a cart attendant from 10am to close at high volume stores. I have a feeling your schedule writer is stealing those hours to use elsewhere.

Even my old org chart 3 store had a cart attendant from 2pm to 10pm.

Naw, at a AA or AAA volume store there is no way to unload at 4am unless you want the truck done at 2pm the following day.
So where in workbench is that and is it a nono or a discretionary issue.

Umbro.....have never heard of it........it will be the next BIG news to come from Target........and this will come out in August!

Umbro.....have never heard of it........it will be the next BIG news to come from Target........and this will come out in August!
Umbro was probably the biggest soccer brand in the US when I was a kid. If you played soccer, or any other summer sport, you probably owned something made by umbro. Now that the kids of my generation are parents, we will probably buy these high-margin products for our kids to bring back the memories, or at least that's what Target hopes.

It will be gone by May just like any other brand launch.

It was hyped quite a bit by one of our ETLs and the Plano TL at my store, but it never actually sells.. It just looks like really shitty craftsmanship and is incredibly overpriced.

This, nobody wants that ugly shit that was made in an Indian sweatshop and marked up 150%

It's also lol how the planogram for H&H isn't set because......???.....nobody seems to know

People had to wait for hearth and hand and they were still excited

lol pretty much nobody cared about the Hearth and Hand release at my store; we had everyone set up early and they were anticipating LINES forming before doors opened.

...no lines in the morning, nothing.

TBH there haven't really been lines or mass excitement for any brands unveiled recently, as far as I can see.

This, nobody wants that ugly shit that was made in an Indian sweatshop and marked up 150%

It's also lol how the planogram for H&H isn't set because......???.....nobody seems to know

There are certain "home decor" areas ( H&H, Throw Pillows, P62 Flat, etc..) that are being treated like Apparel. No labels are necessary because we are flexing it soooo much, hence no labels, either. There's still a POG, but we don't follow it, line by line. The VMs are responsible for keeping these areas full w/ "intention" to the decor theme. We can't just flex in a basket or a cutting board to fill the empty space. I have good partnerships w/ the Flow TMs that stock these areas; I know they are pressed for time to get ALL their work done. Usually they detrash the product for me; and I flex/fill shortly thereafter. It keeps them moving along, with less frustration. ;)

I'm guessing, little by little, more Hardlines areas will be "label-free".

As the PMT who had to setup the H&H fixtures we were given a lot of shit that it had to be set with no hiccups. And for what? A failed launch. It was overhyped and they didn’t offer what guests wanted. Another company that is opening soon in our market actually has the Magnolia brand so the market for Home brands is going to shift a little away from Spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are certain "home decor" areas ( H&H, Throw Pillows, P62 Flat, etc..) that are being treated like Apparel. No labels are necessary because we are flexing it soooo much, hence no labels, either. There's still a POG, but we don't follow it, line by line. The VMs are responsible for keeping these areas full w/ "intention" to the decor theme. We can't just flex in a basket or a cutting board to fill the empty space. I have good partnerships w/ the Flow TMs that stock these areas; I know they are pressed for time to get ALL their work done. Usually they detrash the product for me; and I flex/fill shortly thereafter. It keeps them moving along, with less frustration. ;)

I'm guessing, little by little, more Hardlines areas will be "label-free".

Yet they still expect me to find things for SFS with locations no other team gives a fuck about. Oh that pitcher is tied to D22 no reason that I need to look on D34 where it sits. Cause they set and forget it, never updating when they move things. And softlines is even worse..

But it kind of matters.. I don't wonder why INF is so high for both OPU/SFS..

When Instocks went away I became the home brand team member. I love it. It is nowhere close to full time, but the expectations are.

Kind of the way our store maybe corporate is going lately as far as full time expectations with part time hours...went back yesterday after a few days off and saw team members (not team leads or etls yet) yelling about all the things they needed to get done and a few crying. Wondering how my team members we will manage to burn out over this crap ideal of a schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back