Archived Big Red Ball on the Loose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But let's not forget the lady that sued and won $3 million against McDonalds after she burnt herself with coffee.
She had 3rd degree burns on her thighs and crotch and had to have skin grafts, though, and McDonald's had been doing this for ages (probably still is). They'd evidently been warned, but I'm sure customer complaints about coffee not being hot enough when they reached their destination prompted them to just make it dangerously hot again. She deserved that money, without a doubt.

They'd evidently been warned, but I'm sure customer complaints about coffee not being hot enough when they reached their destination prompted them to just make it dangerously hot again.
Wasn't just complaints; they'd had several hundred others burned by their coffee, just not as badly as the lady.
The jury was trying to teach McD a lesson by hitting them in the only place it hurt: profits.
Even then, the plaintiff took a reduced settlement because all she wanted was coverage for her medical expenses.

Lol this happened at my old store. I was tempted to go back and ask management about it, but it wasn't worth the drive over there

She had 3rd degree burns on her thighs and crotch and had to have skin grafts, though, and McDonald's had been doing this for ages (probably still is). They'd evidently been warned, but I'm sure customer complaints about coffee not being hot enough when they reached their destination prompted them to just make it dangerously hot again. She deserved that money, without a doubt.
140-180 degrees was still the serving temp when I left in 2005.

My mom will actually drink the coffee at that temperature and I'm starting to think she might be some kind of a fire monster due to that immunity
I can't drink it at 140. Its insane that its that hot.

I can't drink it at 140. Its insane that its that hot.
I just told her about the burn thing and she laughed and was shocked people complained at all. She said she usually drinks it hotter like ??? im pretty sure her taste buds are so burnt out she needs it that hot to even feel it

Related to Daenerys Targaryen, is she?

they could be twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back