Archived Black Friday Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work 1230-9 I think they are trying to kill me very,very slowly. Not that I am complaining but...... I am a night person who sleeps at like 1 or 2 am so this will really mess up my schedule and my family is coming over in the afternoon/ evening so it's like eat hi bye sleep. Again not complaining just kinda throws things off a bit lol

Last edited:
8am-5 cashier.
I'll only have four days down by then, but today was my second and it went really well, so hopefully, no worries.

15hrs for entirety of Thanksgiving week. Never mind that we've been making sales, and even going 10k+ over. Or that it's getting into the holidays. -eyeroll-

im actually scheduled for 2 hours of overtime the week of thanksgiving, and im in from 9pm to 9am on black friday. gotta love the holiday pay and overnight premium

im actually scheduled for 2 hours of overtime the week of thanksgiving, and im in from 9pm to 9am on black friday. gotta love the holiday pay and overnight
premium

Same here. I'm scheduled for 42.5 hours that week and it'll be my second week working.

I was scheduled 10:30am to 7pm - an 8 hr day. So I'll miss most of the crazys. I'm not complaining though. I've been opening cashier on BF for 3 out of the last 5.
I've got 38.5 hrs total.:eek:k:

12:15-9am GSTL -- and for the first few hours the Crowd Management Team. But I stupidly said I would cook dinner on Thanksgiving day, and I close on Wednesday -- no sleep for me!! I'm one of the stores that can't open at midnight, so we're opening 1am.

im working a few hours at store open to help speedweave, then coming back to close the front end down :] I am officially crazy lol.

Wall schedule isn't up yet. MAX says 10am-7pm in Photo. Gotta check with my GE/HL, as I was hoping to come in a bit earlier.

This is kinda a random and odd question but is Food Avenue going to be open??

I don't know. Black Friday last year at my former store there was chick fil a and a few other fast food restaurant type deals that were set up so guests could eat before they swarmed us with hell.

I lucked out and don't come in till 8 AM but I have a feeling I will be getting called in the middle of the night by a panicking LOD when half of the people scheduled don't show up. (Can you tell our store has attendance issues?):help:

At my store there is a NO ACCEPTANCE policy for Black Friday. If you were scheduled and don't show up, call in... it could be ground for serious "punishment"

Wow. i'm seeing a lot of "long" shifts scheduled. I'm only 11:45pm until 8:15am, even though I told them I would work as long as a human body can take it. I love working black friday. Maybe it's because I went to my HR, volunteered to come in early and then dared to mention that I appreciate ALL hours given on my behalf since I can't get a payraise (capped) and it would show that they do appreciate me working at the store by giving me hours. I must have put my foot in my own mouth. :(

4 AM to 12:30 on Sales Floor.. Wasn't originally even scheduled but took someone elses shift. I've never even done Sales Floor, I'm normally Flow, any idea what to expect? I suppose not being opening, I may be free of tramples or possible spleen crushing.

The adventure begins! You need a copy of the ad & know where things are. We have a map w/bar codes of where items are. I would start walking the floor & look around alot.

Going from flow to sales floor is not hard. You already know where everything is! I'm cashiering from 5am - 3pm... I'd rather be on sales floor, but hours are hours and at least I know I won't have time to get bored. :gamer2:

Back to the photo lab! 10am-7pm on black friday, as well as the saturday/sunday opener from 9-3.

Luckily, our photo lab is located in Electronics/MMB, away from the front end. I'll be a de-facto ElecTM come black friday.

I saw on the news someone ( not sure which store) was trying to start a petition saying how unfair it is we are open at midnight because of people having to rush thanksgiving. Kinda have to agree with him but hey it's retail! I want to say somewhere in cali but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back