• Thread starter slinesslavegirl
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 6K
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

slinesslavegirl

can anyone tell me what the black out dates are???

i have a vacation in january jan 2-13th i just put in my vacation cuz you can do it 4 months in advance i hope i get it off i have none refundable tickets to the west coast i work every where in the store from plano to zone

You should be okay. Blackout usually runs from mid november>new years I believe. Anyways I think its only mandatory for TLs and above, but this can vary from store to store.

Up to your ETL though.

Varies from store to store. Some will do it only from Thanksgiving to New Years...others start the 1st of November...others block out the entire 4th quarter.

I usually means no new availablity changes will be accepted accept for students, and no time off requests will be accepted unless its for Dr appointments and life or death circumstances.

Everyone will be deemed available for the Black Friday weekend and day after Christmas.

The info I have is that regular TM's are no longer subject to blackout dates. Is that Target policy or not? If it is, how can it vary from store to store?

There has never been an official policy on blackout dates. But it has been a widespread practice. Store leadership for each store can enforce blackout dates for their own stores. Just depends on the stores payroll and season hire needs.

Last I heard, TLs and Execs must stick to a schedule prepared well in advance of the Thanksgiving to Christmas season. Schedules for TMs can vary. I had one store that didn't have blackout dates except for Black Friday and Day After Christmas. I had another store that blacked out everything from Thanksgiving to New Years one year to November 1st to Jan 15th another and didn't black out another.

In addition to that, everyone had to sign up for an 8hr shift for opening or closing Black Friday and Day After.

I know a lot of people complained because they were putting in for Dr appointments, or church/school functions, and their requests were getting denied.

For our store, a Super Target, almost everything is blacked out from Thanksgiving to New Years. But I put in my request for Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas off and it was approved. They are super restrictive on how many of these requests get approved, so the sooner you do it the better. I know that seasonal hires (as I was two years ago) have to sign a form stating that they are aware of the blackout and will not request any time off. Good Luck!

Usually even though it's blacked out ( at least from what i've learned) it doesn't really matter as long as it isn't the day after thanksgiving or day after christmas but still they can say no especially if others put in a request first in line as others said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back