Archived BOGO Coupons + Buy x and get a free $5 gift card

Status
Not open for further replies.

griezmanns

I always like crooked teeth.
So I've posted about this before in re: a SrGSTL at my store told us that we are either allowed to let a guest use a BOGO coupon or buy the number of items to get a gift card but NOT both. When I wrote about it a few months ago, I was told my GSTL was misunderstanding the policy and it was totally okay to use both.

Today, when I came in to work, I was told again that we weren't allowed to do those sorts of things and apparently my store is cracking down on it. Whenever a guest tries to buy 4 or 5 of something to get the gift card and use the BOGO coupon, we need to explain to them that either they could buy the 4 (or however many) and get the gift card or use the BOGO coupon because "if we were to honor it, it would be like you weren't buying the 4th one to get the gift card."

Is this a new policy? Is my store insane? Is this a case of ASANTS?

Oh, and just a heads up, when you scan BOGO coupons for items offered with a gift card the system automatically denies it.

If the system automatically denies it, then you are not to override it. The system knows what is right and what is wrong (most of the time)

I don't know how there can be a choice. You can't "undo" the promotional giftcard. So it's rather, "If they get a gift card, you can't use bogo coupons."

I don't know how there can be a choice. You can't "undo" the promotional giftcard. So it's rather, "If they get a gift card, you can't use bogo coupons."
The choice offered would be like buy them so they don't prompt for a Gift Card, ex. Buy three and then one or something, splitting the transactions.

We were told that you could use a BOGO to get an extra one free but freebies don't count as a purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back