Bogus or not

• Yes

Votes: 36 87.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store, starting today, all cashiers are required to bring a timer on their breaks. Needless to say their rock bottom morale has took a hit.:mad:

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-1_15-53-44.jpeg
    upload_2016-3-1_15-53-44.jpeg
    6 KB · Views: 11
look like the timer we had to keep an eye on the FDC truck pallets out on the floor those timers were used about 2 months then somehow they all broke.

Metros are on the floor for about 45mins to 1 hours, nowadays.

Bogus.

A timer is considered a deadly weapon. I could use it to smash someone in the face or stick it up on a place where the sun doesn't shine. I could also throw it like a baseball ball. I can also shove it down on someone's throat.

Giving it to team member who gets hound on getting red cards that guests doesn't want and dealing with couponers? Stupid idea.

lol...
15%20Minute%20Child%20Break.gif

They wouldn't do this if it wasn't a problem.

Our last ETL-LOG used to set a timer for Flow breaks and announce over the PA when the time was up. Micromanaging but still effective.
At my store whoever is in charge of flow for the morning just calls the 15min break over the PA and again when it ends. Everyone together, everyone knows when it starts and ends. Seems to work rather well.

There are other ways to do this without treating people like crap and trying to humiliate them.

You talk to the ones who are the problem. Eventually it leads to documented conversations and write ups.

My favorite was to tell a cashier that they could go when so-and-so was back. A little peer pressure would go a long way!

Or "I forgot it."

Not a child won't be treated like one. Though I do understand why Flow/Overnight does break at the same time cause they usually start at the same time.

Does everybody get a timer? Team leads? Brand team members? Backroom team members?

If not, that's discrimination and singling out.
No its just cashiers. We have a few who take lonnnnnnng breaks. This is just the new gstls terrible idea. We'll see how the etl ge reacts to this.

Singling out a specific work center. And doing it in a very public fashion....it's not like they can hide those timers they're walking around with. In regards to something they are legally able to do.

It's a HR nightmare waiting to happen.

When does a break officially start? Does it start when I get in the breakroom? Or does it start when I walk away from my work center? And when does it end? When I exit the break room, or when I get back to my work center. It can take me minutes to get to the break room, and minutes to come back depending on if I get stopped by a guest or not. If they're going to be so specific they give you a timer, then they need to be specific on what constitutes a break. I wouldn't walk back to my work center until that timer goes off. Unless I'm gone for half an hour, then leave me the fuck alone.

Singling out a specific work center. And doing it in a very public fashion....it's not like they can hide those timers they're walking around with. In regards to something they are legally able to do.

It's a HR nightmare waiting to happen.
My etl hr was off today. She will probably have a heart attack ( she's pretty much by the book ). I don't see this gstl lasting long, the cashiers can't stand them.

Yeah that's the sort of thing that would make me want to willingly spend more time on my break. As it is I can't even enjoy my break for more than five minutes sometimes without someone tracking me down because they need something or thought time had gone by much faster.

:rolleyes: I get it some people take longer than they should ( mostly smokers at my store) but woah that's extreme..... I would be a little mad ( I am not a little kid lol) what's next I would think hall passes ( ex going to the bathroom getting a drink of water)

Yeah that's the sort of thing that would make me want to willingly spend more time on my break. As it is I can't even enjoy my break for more than five minutes sometimes without someone tracking me down because they need something or thought time had gone by much faster.
I turn off my walkie at lunch and they come into the break room after me...give me the ugly eye when I state I'm on lunch and not talking work now...wtf.

I turn off my walkie at lunch and they come into the break room after me...give me the ugly eye when I state I'm on lunch and not talking work now...wtf.
I normally keep it on the lowest volume possible because we tend to have a lot of Code Yellows at my store and I'll willingly take time out of my break to go assist with that sort of thing, but otherwise it's just radio silence. I always make it a point to shout over the walkie "-Workstation- takin my break/lunch". If they don't hear that, it's their fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back