Archived bom-ba-dee-da ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

starfishncoffee

Schrodinger's TM
Put my two weeks in yesterday. (Don't want to say where I'm going because I still don't want to be outed; you never know how things are going to work out.)

Our store has completely gone down the tubes since modernization. Tired of waking up in the middle of the night dreading work. Tired of guests who are (understandably, in this case) tired of waiting in line because we're at January staffing levels during back-to-school. Tired of a once-gleaming store that now looks like Walmart threw up all over it -- and the floor can only do so much when they, too, are given far too much work to do in far too little time.

There are times this forum has kept me sane during all of this, so I'd like to say thanks for that. Target was a great place once; hopefully, it can turn itself around. I haven't been around long, but may occasionally pop in just to see how things are going and to share what I know if it helps someone (while it's still relevant; at this rate, it may not be by the time my two weeks are up)!

Well, am about to go meet with HR. Even with the growing pains of modernization, Spot is better than a lot of other places. Lesson learned.

That it isn't, and I don't think any of these people would last a shift at Spot.

This is hugely uncharacteristic of me. I'm the type of person who will stay somewhere for a few years, and who wants to do my very best (that's how I found this site; I lurked for a long time before actually joining). But I could tell the new gig wasn't going to get any better, Without naming the company, I have genuine concerns they may not be around by the end of 2019. I'd rather cast my lot with Spot if I'm going to be in retail with a side hustle.

It was awful. I have never been somewhere so disorganized in my life. (My HR at Spot would have a mental breakdown.) Turnover is huge. Processes are antiquated (and some of Spot's are, so they are REALLY antiquated). Everyone is miserable (and as I'm at a pilot store, that is saying something when everyone there is hugely stressed). No one has a sense of humor, and even with the dumpster fires going on all around us at Spot, people can make a joke about it. At my store anyway, we're managing to remain a team. (Oops, baby rant. But it really was horrible.)

Welcome back. Sears? Penney? So sad that there are many retailers that might go under next year.
I have a new team member who asks questions that make me wonder what Hell she came from before she came to us. My HR says there are frequently applications from former tms (from other Targets) who didn't give notice, and they go straight to the No file. You never know what life will bring.

Welcome back. Sears? Penney? So sad that there are many retailers that might go under next year.
I have a new team member who asks questions that make me wonder what Hell she came from before she came to us. My HR says there are frequently applications from former tms (from other Targets) who didn't give notice, and they go straight to the No file. You never know what life will bring.

Right. This is what I always told people who said they were going to just NCNS and/or walk. "You never know when you may need to come back. Don't do that." Got a FB message the other day from a former Electronics TM who said she wished she had listened, because she was noped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back