Archived Bounty paper towls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone looked at the mark up (or lack there of) on bounty paper towls? If I am reading it correctly, my story sells them for less than what they pay. Mark ups I've noticed range from -10% all the way to about -25%. These are the only non-sale items I have checked that have a negative mark up. I wonder why they did this?

Loss leaders. They take a hit on a popular necessity to get people in the store on the very correct assumption that they will buy other things that have decent mark ups.

Edited to add that things like detergent are usually also sold at below or close to cost. Next time you're in a regular grocery store look at what's catching your attention on endcaps and that is often a loss leader.

Last edited:
But they still can't figure out how to reset prices to MSRP when they re-use DPCI. We have Beats headphones that are 50 dollars when they should be 300...

Wait so we LOSE money on those giant bales of Charmin? Did not realize that paper costs so much......paper.

Loss leaders. They take a hit on a popular necessity to get people in the store on the very correct assumption that they will buy other things that have decent mark ups.

Edited to add that things like detergent are usually also sold at below or close to cost. Next time you're in a regular grocery store look at what's catching your attention on endcaps and that is often a loss leader.

also why paper is shoved off into a corner. you have to walk passed all sorts of merchandise and we are hoping you buy some of it

also why paper is shoved off into a corner. you have to walk passed all sorts of merchandise and we are hoping you buy some of it

Yes!! I almost said this today as I was thinking about all the psychology there is in consumerism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back