Archived BR Day - What to focus on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work 4 - 8:30. I come into bs, pogs in the gun and on flats, sometimes research in the gun, research and Exfs on tubs/flats, etc. Sometimes the audit. I pull the 4s, set up the line/clean receiving/take pogs off flats, pull the 5s, work the 5s, take a break, pull PC. My TL always wants me to backstock. Mid ETL and CTL always want me to pull SPLs and pogs. LOD will usually ask me to work 4 o'clock or a priority pull. Any advice on what I should focus on? If I should say no to people?

I would talk to your TL and see what his/her list of priorities are in order of importance. My BR closers task in order: cafs pulled, price change pulled and staged, line is clear of backstock, backstock done, pogs pulled for next day, line set up for truck. Usually about 30 minutes before they leave; sweep, trash done, everything parked and plugged in.
Everyday is different and they may not pull the pogs due to a lot of backstock which is fine atleast its clean when I go in. Sometimes they don't always set up the line which to me I don't care, the Flow TL has someone come in early for that purpose so if its not set up not that big of a deal, the line just has to be clear so they can set it up.

A side note as well on pog nights I usually have 2 closers to help insure as much as possible is completed.

Last edited:
My ETL freaks out if I don't have all the pallets out on the back if the line. I don't know why she gets so mad, each flow team member could grab one pallet.

Logistics will always say to backstock. SF will always say to pull. The problem is is that there is no logistics voice when I work. Guess I'll just have to be insubordinate.

Last edited:
Wait you're working the audit at 4pm? First, That should be done by the opening backroom day TM ASAP. And theres still research in the gun around 4? Those should of been cleared out within an hour of them dropping assuming your instocks team stops all tasks by 11am. Sounds like you need more support from your TL and/or ETL-Log, or you are just unfortunately apart of a broken logistics process. Good luck to ya.

for me, when i walk in, its always the same BS...
the person before will NOT backstock for the life of him, so im left with a crap load of vehicles, on rare occasions the audit will still be there, vendors will leave there crap all over receiving, and start taking vehicles that i have staged for the next morning truck(this seriously annoys the shit out of me)not to mention leaving the door to receiving wide open. on top of the CAFs i have to pull, i just basically try to finish what the dumbass before me didnt do, and then i just set the line, pull price change, and ile work a few empty location reports. i feel our logistics process is broken.

Wait you're working the audit at 4pm? First, That should be done by the opening backroom day TM ASAP. And theres still research in the gun around 4? Those should of been cleared out within an hour of them dropping assuming your instocks team stops all tasks by 11am. Sounds like you need more support from your TL and/or ETL-Log, or you are just unfortunately apart of a broken logistics process. Good luck to ya.
Yes and yes. Not always, but today I came in at 9 to 2 audits and 20 something research. I assume the researches were from yesterday, but not 100% sure. Logistics process is broken and TL is a pushover. ETL doesn't really stand up to other ETLs/STL even though she's been there longer.

Also, they've been doing this thing where the POG team does their work in an area and there are a lot of outs, so someone comes along and researches that. Really big research pulls. Not sure what's going on there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back