Archived Branch Messenger: New system coming for shift swaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the story with this. Heard about from friend in another state but never a mention? Should I just sign up?

What's the story with this. Heard about from friend in another state but never a mention? Should I just sign up?

I got an email with statistics on stote use and it's currently only in region 100. I asked their founder when they are going to spread.

We would not be able to fill callouts like we do without it. When hours are down some shifts are grabbed in 15 seconds.

I got an email with statistics on stote use and it's currently only in region 100. I asked their founder when they are going to spread.

We would not be able to fill callouts like we do without it. When hours are down some shifts are grabbed in 15 seconds.

What's the problem with it

Last edited:
They are testing it. Nothing more nothing less.
The only reason I ask is I was told by friend managers saying it does not work and that people still need to call in if handing over a shift as they are still on hook. Sounds like texting still better. I hope this works for all of us.

In region 100 here and heard nothing about it. Guessing its a pretty limited pilot then.

The only reason I ask is I was told by friend managers saying it does not work and that people still need to call in if handing over a shift as they are still on hook. Sounds like texting still better. I hope this works for all of us.

Sounds like it does not update MyTime, so the grid doesn't change. That would make sense since it's in pilot stage. It works for the employees just fine. Managers I have found are usually the last ones who learn how to use stuff.

What I don't like about it is that we "talked to about it" at every huddle that every single one of us should have signed up for it.

Why? the only shifts ever posted are cashier shifts.. They won't let other work centers post them(My store) so its of no use for me. No need sign up for something I can't use.

Sounds like it does not update MyTime, so the grid doesn't change. That would make sense since it's in pilot stage. It works for the employees just fine. Managers I have found are usually the last ones who learn how to use stuff.

What I don't like about it is that we "talked to about it" at every huddle that every single one of us should have signed up for it.

Why? the only shifts ever posted are cashier shifts.. They won't let other work centers post them(My store) so its of no use for me. No need sign up for something I can't use.
Arghh.. sounds like a waste of time. Another potential with a dead end. Likely take years to make it work with mytime. Look at that website. Back to texting and Facebook groups for another year!

Does seem strange that's in 100 stores and no one knows about it. Maybe fizzled out already.

Arghh.. sounds like a waste of time. Another potential with a dead end. Likely take years to make it work with mytime. Look at that website. Back to texting and Facebook groups for another year!

Does seem strange that's in 100 stores and no one knows about it. Maybe fizzled out already.

We are hassled that we don't use it. Well it might be that there are never more than three cashier shifts up for grabs. and they are usually three hour bullshit shifts. And none of process teams can post their shifts. I get the feeling it could be a decent tool to use. But as usual the ground rules of how it is supposed to be used got lost in translation. So no one or just a few stores are using it like it was mean to be.

And spot forgets a pilot is just that a trial: if it works awesome! If not - that is ok too. :) Why it's a pilot. They want everything to work and will force it to be. Or it seems like that is the message the stores get - Make sure it works! :( Frustrating for those that know how to test things.

We are hassled that we don't use it. Well it might be that there are never more than three cashier shifts up for grabs. and they are usually three hour bullshit shifts. And none of process teams can post their shifts. I get the feeling it could be a decent tool to use. But as usual the ground rules of how it is supposed to be used got lost in translation. So no one or just a few stores are using it like it was mean to be.

And spot forgets a pilot is just that a trial: if it works awesome! If not - that is ok too. :) Why it's a pilot. They want everything to work and will force it to be. Or it seems like that is the message the stores get - Make sure it works! :( Frustrating for those that know how to test things.

Do you have the access code to join? Can you share?

Wow, something I've been hoping that will roll out for years is an easier way to call people in, hopefully this is the answer! Someone calls out and Branch Messenger sends a text to all available TMs (TMs can opt out if they don't want to pick up shifts).
I'm at a store that has one and it does not work that way.

I am currently ill, and will have to be off for the next week (or few weeks) and I put my shifts for next week on there...no one has taken any.

I mean, I knew they wouldn't but still, I don't want to let my team go without help however if it's that bad they need to hire more cashiers.

I am going to the drs tomorrow and may get a note from him, basically this is hellish and even with the letter I am sure I'll be yelled at.

Just grabbed a bunch of team codes from my buddy, can I post my shift.

I too am part of the pilot store, have used this sparingly. I used to work at American Eagle and we used the Kronos Mobile app (which was just ok). However, at least with Kronos I could see all my requests for not just swaps, but for my Time off and other things. I don't like that I have to still go to MyTime for all this stuff.

Ideally they would have one system, whether it be branch, mytime, or whatever that could handle everything schedule/shift swap related. I know that's probably not going to happen, but it would be nice.

This couldn't be further from the truth. They have a sreadsheet and at the stores that have it anywhere from 50 to 85 percent of stores use it. About 70 percent of posted shifts get filled.

It actually works great with mytime. Your HR, uses nytime to create an excel sheet of everyone's schedule and uploads that to branch it takes literally 3 minutes.

Yes once a shift is grabbed the HR has to manually key it in mytime but that s the only issue with it

In case any of you were wondering, it is possible to use branch even if you aren't a pilot store. All you need is an HR to download it and load everyone's schedule and start signing up.

The only difference is the pilot stores have a tablet that allows those without the app or a smartphone to post or grab shifts while they work..

I'm in a pilot store and it's now the only thing we use. I personally love it

Well it's crazy we used the swap shift board before.

* Had to track an LOD to approve a swap shift. Now you can get it approved from home
* had to come in and write your posted shift on the board, now can post from home
*no notification someone actually took your shift. Also get that from home

It's also another way to view your schedule

Also love branch sends a text notification you are working. No call no shows are down, even though some people still get them.

Interesting. Branch Messenger is a Minneapolis startup that went came to prominence through the Techstars Retail Accelerator, whose primary sponsor is Target!

Also, I wonder if this particular feature is going to make its way into Target-world:

upload_2017-4-7_16-16-0.png

What if stores from different municipalities start sharing TMs more regularly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back