Archived Breaking down c and s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who breaks down your c and s truck?

Flow team? Market team members? Sales floor?

By break down I mean who takes product off pallet and gets it set up on a flat, tub or rolling 2 tier. Where do the hours come from?

At our store it is an "all hands on deck" process. Once the truck pulls in, EVERYONE (including electronics and fitting room at times due to payroll) has to help. Some break it down, some get the backstock carts, some push it to the floor as its ready... Makes me dread those truck days...

So what I am consistently seeing is that the hours are NOT being taken from pFresh to break down the pallets.

My TL has been scheduling 2 other team members 30 min three times a week each to do the breakdown.

Ever since this has been happening I have been scheduled 37.5 hours and mid shift has been reduced. So it's hard not to think that pFresh is losing out because of this C and S cooler freezer pallet breakdown.

So what I am consistently seeing is that the hours are NOT being taken from pFresh to break down the pallets.

My TL has been scheduling 2 other team members 30 min three times a week each to do the breakdown.

Ever since this has been happening I have been scheduled 37.5 hours and mid shift has been reduced. So it's hard not to think that pFresh is losing out because of this C and S cooler freezer pallet breakdown.

You are getting almost 38 hours O_O, that would be nice

How many hours do you get as the PA.?

Special "subset" of the backroom/flow team that is scheduled under Log Zone works 6-10, 6-12, etc.

The last 2 months I was working about 9 hours of C+S push, and about 16-18 hours of market. So anywhere from 25-27 hours or so. Hard to get 40 hours when we had our CTL, 2nd PA, and another market TM, with zero overlap and only 85ish hours a week. I dont even know why we have 2 PAs to be honest with you. Any low volume stores only have 1 PA?

Right now I am getting 34-39 hours a week because its just 2 PA and 1 Market TM, although I must say I hate closing with a passion since we have to zone all 45ish something aisles of market by ourselves. We dont have a second person to help in market.

Last edited:
My store is ULV, and we just put the pallets on flats and pull them out that way. We almost always get only 1 pallet for frozen and 1 for refrigerated. It's pretty much all hands on deck when it comes in (electronics is exempt, and we'll pull spare cashiers for it).

At my store, the flow team is responsible for C+S. Certain members of the flow team are P-Fresh-trained, and they're the ones who push C+S.

For my store, we dont breakdown our C and S trucks in the backroom. We bowl. First the 3 flow team members (2 are slow and are over 60 years old) bowl the frozen pallets. While they break down frozen, i push the produce pallet on my own. Then I breakdown the fresh meat pallet (if it is isnt with dairy). After frozen is done, they bowl dairy. We do all the bowling before 8am so no pallets are on the floor.

Depending on the pallet sizes, we usually get down between 845am and 10am.

Though, per best practice, we should have 6 flow team members pushing our truck so we can get it push and backstock with in the "3 hour limit" that target has imposed. But our STL has assigned us only enough hours to have 3 flow team members for 5 hours each. Yet, they still try to complain we dont get the truck done on time.

You are lucky to get five 8 hour shifts a week as a PA. I get roughly 32-34 a week as a PA.

The last 2 months I was working about 9 hours of C+S push, and about 16-18 hours of market. So anywhere from 25-27 hours or so. Hard to get 40 hours when we had our CTL, 2nd PA, and another market TM, with zero overlap and only 85ish hours a week. I dont even know why we have 2 PAs to be honest with you. Any low volume stores only have 1 PA?

Right now I am getting 34-39 hours a week because its just 2 PA and 1 Market TM, although I must say I hate closing with a passion since we have to zone all 45ish something aisles of market by ourselves. We dont have a second person to help in market.
Just one PA (me) and am getting 5-7 to 7.5hr days. I am doing PA tasks, pushing bakery, zoning G (dry or cooler freezers) daily, re-shop and SDAs it's a tight squeeze but I do my best to get it all in. Truck days are rough because I need to get the backstock done before I can order and that takes time that I do not really have. Spot is really pushing the "get more, pay less" theme.

For my store, we dont breakdown our C and S trucks in the backroom. We bowl. First the 3 flow team members (2 are slow and are over 60 years old) bowl the frozen pallets. While they break down frozen, i push the produce pallet on my own. Then I breakdown the fresh meat pallet (if it is isnt with dairy). After frozen is done, they bowl dairy. We do all the bowling before 8am so no pallets are on the floor.

Though, per best practice, we should have 6 flow team members pushing our truck so we can get it push and backstock with in the "3 hour limit" that target has imposed. But our STL has assigned us only enough hours to have 3 flow team members for 5 hours each. Yet, they still try to complain we dont get the truck done on time.

You are lucky to get five 8 hour shifts a week as a PA. I get roughly 32-34 a week as a PA.

Just one PA (me) and am getting 5-7 to 7.5hr days. I am doing PA tasks, pushing bakery, zoning G (dry or cooler freezers) daily, re-shop and SDAs it's a tight squeeze but I do my best to get it all in. Truck days are rough because I need to get the backstock done before I can order and that takes time that I do not really have. Spot is really pushing the "get more, pay less" theme.

You have to do your own backstock from the truck wtf? For our C+S push we have 4-5 people scheduled under LOG ZONE and one of them is specifically a backroom TM that backstocks and purges out product.

You have to do your own backstock from the truck wtf? For our C+S push we have 4-5 people scheduled under LOG ZONE and one of them is specifically a backroom TM that backstocks and purges out product.

When we got pFresh PA did the meat and produce backstock. Ifollowed that routine when i became PA. Then a month ago I was told to leave it for the backroom to do it. I would BCODE it all and leave it. But when they put it last on their priority list, truck after truck, STO on the wrong shelves (not following the shelf labels) in meat and pro when they did do it, I just started doing it myself again. I push my own CAFs and auto fills also in meat and pro.

I often have to take a long lunch or duck out early at end of week to avoid OT. I have a fixed schedule on a rotating basis, close one wkd open another. Allows me to get some cleaning done at night when dayside leaves.

They tried cutting our market hours and guests threw a fit and it showed on survey. There were more outs than full, since CTL doesn't come in until 8 on non trunk days. They cut a full 8, I just picked up a BR shift and refused to do pfresh when they realized their mistake. SDA didn't get done, expired product on floor, etc.

You can't run groceries like you do general merchandise, silly ETLs.

Oh, and last month? They made payroll in the excess of 400+ hours. So far this month, it's like almost 200+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back