Archived Breakroom AP and non AP --National Night out 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this event ever happened at your store or area? What was it like? What does it consist of? Havent had much chance to talk about this with my TL but he wants to start me off in AP with a bang. We are having this event at our store I believe and I dont think we had one last year. Got any more info about it?

http://www.nationaltownwatch.org/

I dont know if my TL is the coordinator but I know its going to be held at our store.

AP: What did you do to help with this event as far as speaking on crime prevention, neighbourhood spirit , ect?

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, cops come into your store and shop with the shoppers Guests. Seems to scare away all the lifters having cops on every other aisle :)

Edit- I'm thinking about shop with a cop night.

Last edited:
We have a whole shindig out in our shopping center's parking lot where community groups come and we all give out free stuff to the community and show our support for neighborhood watch.

We have a whole shindig out in our shopping center's parking lot where community groups come and we all give out free stuff to the community and show our support for neighborhood watch.
That's what NNO looked like at my old store. We had some police officers and firefighters come visit with their vehicles (cars, trucks, motorcycles).

I let our ETL-AP convince me to come help with with National Night Out one year.... it was basically a complete joke, and I felt embarrassed being there.

Don't know how they do it in other places, but we didn't actually do it inside our store. It was at a park.

Basically parents with bored kids showed up. (not may.... we are talking maybe 40-50 people at most... and we are in one of the biggest cities in the country) Police/fire fighters come and show the kids the fire truck/police car/etc.

What did we do? Setup a table with cheap target plastic things and hand them out. I think we had some stickers/flash lights with target logos/etc. Basically sat there all night and handed them out to kids.

It was all for show. Our STL actually was there, got bored after 20 minutes, and went home. Of course, we were stuck there for hours. "Volunteers" of course.... so for no pay we got to make Target look good to the community using our free time.

I let our ETL-AP convince me to come help with with National Night Out one year.... it was basically a complete joke, and I felt embarrassed being there.

Don't know how they do it in other places, but we didn't actually do it inside our store. It was at a park.

Basically parents with bored kids showed up. (not may.... we are talking maybe 40-50 people at most... and we are in one of the biggest cities in the country) Police/fire fighters come and show the kids the fire truck/police car/etc.

What did we do? Setup a table with cheap target plastic things and hand them out. I think we had some stickers/flash lights with target logos/etc. Basically sat there all night and handed them out to kids.

It was all for show. Our STL actually was there, got bored after 20 minutes, and went home. Of course, we were stuck there for hours. "Volunteers" of course.... so for no pay we got to make Target look good to the community using our free time.

Hmm hope things will be diffrent . I'm excited for this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back