Archived Bruises, callouses, and cuts! Oh my!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I work in the freezer, I haven't found anything that works if I'm in there for more than a few minutes.....but the one question I always have - we have 8 right hand gloves, and no left hand gloves......why?

We have a stock-pile of gloves for when in the freezer/zoning freezers. Whenever we do mid-day zone (99.9% of time in market) someone always goes and gets a big pile and hands them out when we do freezers. It's just about impossible not to. Only time I've ever gotten cut when when handing a blender box to a guest. Box somehow managed to cut me. Still not sure. I run into things all the time, but never anything serious. Yet.

Steritech can boggle ones mind sometimes. And to find spot gives them the questions and criteria...... How long till we can't possibly do anything but fail our own test?! Makes for sad food TM for sure.

When I work in the freezer, I haven't found anything that works if I'm in there for more than a few minutes.....but the one question I always have - we have 8 right hand gloves, and no left hand gloves......why?

Our stores must be conspiring, we have all left hand and no right hand gloves (my theory was always that the team never took right hand ones because you cant push buttons on the PDAs with the gloves we have and most people are righties so they end up mis matched and tossed)

I NEVER wear gloves when I'm zoning the freezers and that's about 90% of my shifts. My coworkers think I'm crazy.

I NEVER wear gloves when I'm zoning the freezers and that's about 90% of my shifts. My coworkers think I'm crazy.

I actually tried deep zoning all the freezers on a no-truck night once. My TL suggested I wear gloves and I was like "nah, I work in a rink. My hands can handle this."

...I was wrong.

I've been using a pair of Harbinger fingerless weight lifting gloves to protect my hands while doing carts. Of course, they stop being useful during the winter, especially rainy winter days. I've yet to find a pair of waterproof winter gloves that can take the punishment.

I think I'll consider getting some. I have some cuts from flow, but gripping a PDA for hours at a time doing RSCH leaves some nasty callouses on the fingers. On a side note, an old Deli TL from my old store sliced his hand bad on the meat slicer. He was out for a while and when he returned he was some kind of Sampling TL. I was always afraid of using those things after that.

I had just gotten to my CA shift, and I was out in the lot, grabbing carts. The GSA starts frantically calling me, saying that I must come in this instant and help a guest with a carryout. So I take the carts I have and run in. I'm going through the middle doors, not really paying attention and I slice the a good chunk of skin off of my pinky. The guest needed "help" carrying out a rug. She didn't need help. Still got to carry it out while trying to not bleed on it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back