Archived BTS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tgtguy , they are doing the same bs at my former store. Actually, all the stores in the district are following this pattern. I guess they are running scared. Hmm. Should have thought about that before hiring asshole ETLs and treating team members like crap. Duh!
I have been with Spot for over 18 years...I don't recall how long the Bts survey has been around ( it could had been around when I started I don't recall) I do know that the last couple of years the etls....have gotten all over themselves about it . Some people say...well there is no need in taking it ...it doesn't change things. This may be partially true. BUT for the etls and stl to freak out like they are....there has to be some weight behind the survey.

Exactly. I was with that company almost 20. And, in my tenure there I saw 2 instances of red focus survey which ended the line for an STL and ETL-HR. (Both happened at this previous location. Hmmm) Trust me, your STL and HR have something to lose. I don't know about the others.

In my o.g. store, I saw an ETL -HR and STL get fired for our store having to vote on a union. Yes, we almost became the first unionized Target. I almost regret voting NO.

We got a letter to read before taking the survey, a BBQ on Monday, and postcards in the mail from the etl hr. I didn't even open my postcard until after I'd already taken the survey, though. I didn't read the letter because it was wordy. I skimmed. It was basically "hey dont forget this progress and that progress as you answer these questions!" The etl hr doesn't have anything to worry about, though. It's her friends who do lol. They should've been writing letters and dancing jigs for better scores, not her.

Our leads were pretty accountable for making sure they weren't in the room when taking the survey. Probably for the best, I didn't click agree on much of anything.

We haven't gotten any type of food or speeches. We also do not have an STL or ETL HR. Guess if it doesn't affect them, the other ETLs don't care.

My store was a huge mess this last year. A lot of turnover with TLs and ETLs. Our STL has been preaching on us not giving bad scores unless we didn't bring any issues to them first out of "fairness". Also basically threatened that if we get bad scores then we'll be a focus score and that it'll make everyone's jobs a lot harder, not just there's. I'm pretty confident that a terrible survey score will be sending our STL out.

They gave us an outdoor cookout and had a dunk tank for them this past week.

What I didn't get about the BTS when I did them was we were supposed to fill them out during our lunches and breaks.

What I didn't get about the BTS when I did them was we were supposed to fill them out during our lunches and breaks.
That's considered working off the clock. Well during the lunch it definitely is.

I guess our store doesnt care about BTS, we never get talked to about it or fed food like you guys do. They just tell us to take the survey and be honest

They all know it doesn't mean nada.

Wait, you got to take yours in private? We have to take ours in a room with other people and almost no privacy what so ever. I was so nevous with the Etls walking in and out of there I didn't rate things as honestly as I would have liked.

My ETL-HR set us up in the TSC two at a time. And out of the corner of my eye, I saw my STL pass through several times.

Our STL and several ETLs were hovering around the TSC area where they had 3 TMs taking the survey at a time. But the 3rd computer was in a room right off TSC where the ad prep is normally done, so that person got a bit of privacy.

You have to rate something. If you leave it blank, the survey won't submit.

Probably just meant to pick "don't know", not leave it blank.

I just hit disagree instead of I was on the fence about anything...

I want to say the "neither good nor bad" answer scores negatively, which is why they added the "don't know" option.

when i was taking mine (i'm a TL) an ETL came into the room and sat down right next to me and started talking to me. She's crazy though and has no common sense so I'm sure she wasn't doing it to see what I was answering but I didn't finish until she was gone just in case.

Also, when I was writing the schedule on Wednesday the GSA kept sending cashiers back to take the survey so every time someone would come back there me and the other TL back there would get up and walk out. I took so many breaks on Wednesday.

I want to say the "neither good nor bad" answer scores negatively, which is why they added the "don't know" option.

Yup, it scores in the negative for them so they don't want anyone at our store to press that button at all.

Personally, my leaders have gotten mounds better since last year so I did score some parts of it a bit higher. They had a really bad habit of zero communication between each other and very little communication to team members. I continued to hound them about needing to communicate it to X leader if they were going to attempt an override and then they both need to get back with me about the choice before I would agree to doing two completely different sets of projects. Its definitely gotten better.

Many of our newer team members are quickly falling under the woo of free food. It's a very nice gesture but it isn't one that is sincere so while I do eat it, I don't let it affect my actual feelings on much of the store practices. Meanwhile our older team members remember when food would be requisitioned for the ad team to at least have a bagel or two, or to thank some team members for their efforts by requisitioning a lunch. That stopped the last time people responded honestly on the best team survey. It was a pretty aggressively vindictive atmosphere for quite a while after last years BTS. I don't expect it to be much different this year.

My store was a huge mess this last year. A lot of turnover with TLs and ETLs. Our STL has been preaching on us not giving bad scores unless we didn't bring any issues to them first out of "fairness".

hahaha, would be nice if they gave the same courtesy on our reviews instead of saying how great we are until dinging us for bullshit on a review.

I guess our store doesnt care about BTS, we never get talked to about it or fed food like you guys do. They just tell us to take the survey and be honest

I wish they did this at my store. Running around scared and begging for a good score is pathetic. They can always stuff the ballot box anonymously themselves anyways.

My guess is they can't stuff it too much, because if the survey comes back and you had 150 responses and only 100 TMs, then they would probably throw out the results all together. But what the hell do I know.

They gave bags of candy to everyone before they took it, lol.

I felt like I was too nice. Wish I could retake it.

No talk or bribery in my store. Just a huddle recognition to everyone that took the survey the previous day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back