Archived Bullseye Playground

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm GSTL at a Super. We finally got an aisle in the back room so we can backstoock. We just don't have any time though. Right now we probably have a total of 7 or 8 piles of buck in pallets, flats, u-boats and tubs sitting in the br. Our br looks as bad as everyone's. There's stuff piles everywhere and you have to work to dig everything out. I'm drowning in it! How do you guys manage buck?

We push out what comes in and combine similarly-priced crap in the same shelf despite what the label says, and stuff the rest in a closet, which we often forget to pull backstock from and end up salvaging seasonal crap when it's out of date.

Efficient, eh?

I work at a p-fresh but we have 5 aisles in a dedicated backroom just for BUCK backstock. You need to keep up with the backstock and don't let it pile up or you'll never get caught up.

I like pushing spot and will push and zone each time when slow. If you keep it zoned and full it will sell.

Every morning our GSTLs/ GSAs have at least one u boat full to push. Weekdays we are expected to fill up usually at least 2 additional tubs with backstock and push that even though we rarely have space and time. If it’s slow and we actually have a decent amount of cashiers, we can pull them to at least help even if it’s just to zone and create empty spaces for us to fill up. We do have more backstock right now than I have ever seen us have for bullseyes though.

What my store has done since the most recent reset, and it seems to be working, is...
-only backstock partial casepacks, no wacos (since it's all some quantities it doesn't matter if you put a partial casepack back)
-always answer "yes" to "did you remove all?" and pull the whole partial casepack and try to push it when pulling the BUCK fillgroup
-no flexing, manually shoot outs when the service desk is slow
It does screw up the accumulator, but since trucks are push all now, it doesn't end up mattering and the sales for One Spot have been going up, so I guess we're doing something right.

How do you look at sales for bullseye? I know how to pull up stats on mpm but I don't understand what I'm looking at

We don’t backstock anymore and push daily in the morning. Typically there’s some left over and it gets put in a pallet spot in steel and once a week at night we push that too. We typically never have more than 5-6 repacks of “backstock” because we fly through it.

i don't think you can pull sales via MPM 2.0 for BUCK. try myPerformance on a Workbench PC or myStats for an item by item breakdown.

I'd like to know this too. Since we've set Halloween I've been telling my team not to overstock or flex. It look better than it ever has before that I can remember. Once we start overstocking and flexing we lose the zone and it looks like crap till it's reset.

I wish my store would quit overstocking. The playground looks great for a day or two, and then more crap gets pushed than we have room for.

I also wish some actual mental effort would be put into the POG. Pegs that aren't spaced out enough for the crap that's assigned to them, shelf dividers too close together for the product, large items shoved where they can't possibly fit.

They really should just start making the pogs so that the shelves and dividers stay each transition. Most of the product is similar sizes usually, you'd think it could be accomplished with minimal fixture moves if they really wanted to. It also doesn't help that those plexi dividers are HORRIBLE and break every reset.

I wish my store would quit overstocking. The playground looks great for a day or two, and then more crap gets pushed than we have room for.

I also wish some actual mental effort would be put into the POG. Pegs that aren't spaced out enough for the crap that's assigned to them, shelf dividers too close together for the product, large items shoved where they can't possibly fit.
I have been known to change the position of some of the pegs because of this reason.

Y’all ready for this? my store doesn’t have a BUCK fillgroup in BR. Bullseye is crammed to the max by price point, and any extra is thrown on a flat and left on the line. Welp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back