Bullseye

DBZ

Let's pretend you are the dbo of Bullseye. How many pallets can you push in 8 hours assuming you don't have to back up anywhere? I know it is a box a minute, but I have no idea how many boxes are on the pallet. Thanks for humoring me.

On a good day, maybe 3 by myself. And that's without having to drop the pallets from up in the steel or stop to make a bale from all the cardboard. And it includes flexing to minimize backstock and keep it full.

Our store has a bullseye DBO (owned by the Home team), and the sales comps are great compared to other stores in the district, year-to-date. The merchandising hierarchy of seasonal/outdoor living has sales comps of ~(8.04%) in our store, but BPG is bucking the trend at 4.35%, and has the highest overall sales revenue in that category, beating trim-a-tree by over $80k.
Considering BPG is a first impression area, like Produce, I would say it's extremely important to have it looking good, shoppable, and purged from the back to minimize salvage markdowns.

Really hard to say because some boxes of bullseye can be really big some aren't. If it's a fresh set and empty you can do a lot more probably 4-6 pallets (if store is not open when your pushing). If you have to take time to organize maybe a little less.

Our Bullesye DBO says it seems to take forever some days because of all the styrofoam packing. Those boxes are often the biggest but don't have a lot of product in them.
And I agree with @Dysprosed - guests shop Bullesye all the time at my store. If the DBO has off two days in a row, it's really depleted. She takes care of the check lanes too.
A guest sees Bullseye first thing upon entering the store. Unless a guest heads toward Style, which they usually don't, the second area (as well as last) they see is the check lanes.

On a good day, maybe 3 by myself. And that's without having to drop the pallets from up in the steel or stop to make a bale from all the cardboard. And it includes flexing to minimize backstock and keep it full.

Good. I did 3 and I wanted to make sure that was sufficient. You all backstock bullseye? My method of backstocking it, is throwing it back on the pallet so it can be pushed in a day or 2.

Our bullseye sort of has a DBO, but front end is responsible for pushing.

Good. I did 3 and I wanted to make sure that was sufficient. You all backstock bullseye? My method of backstocking it, is throwing it back on the pallet so it can be pushed in a day or 2.

Our bullseye sort of has a DBO, but front end is responsible for pushing.

We backstock very little and only if we either 1) can't flex it anywhere/anywhere else or 2) have an excessive amount that won't sell in a day or two. Up until recently there was nowhere to keep a pallet of bullseye backstock if we wanted to. Outside of transition time, we don't get more than a uboat for freight which tends to all fit out.

We have a dbo who takes care of bullseye and Dec home.

Can the packaging please not use styrofoam unless it’s glass or fragile? I swear most of the time I’m pushing it’s me opening and removing packaging

Can the packaging please not use styrofoam unless it’s glass or fragile? I swear most of the time I’m pushing it’s me opening and removing packaging
Agreed. It's an exceptionally messy process at times, leaving lots of broken-up pieces of styrofoam to sweep up off the floor. However, styrofoam packaging may be the most cost-effective means of securely packaging shipments from Target's suppliers in India, Vietnam, Philippines, Taiwan and China. More expensive packing materials would require major price increases for Bullesye's Playground goods.

First off it would take 2 to 3 hours just to zone and organize bullseye before I can even begin to push new pallets. In the hours left of my shift after zoning I can do at least one pallet or 2. You also have to factor in time to back stock. There is usually tons of back stock. Even with a dedicated person to do bullseye with no interruptions it wil. Always be a hot mess.

Back