Archived Buying things for someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the exact policy for buying items with intent to sell to someone else? Are we allowed to use our discount and can we price match?

What’s the price-matching policy for Target stores?
We'll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at Target or CityTarget stores, then find the identical item for less in the following week's Target Weekly Ad or within 7 days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor's local printed ad. Price match may be requested prior to your purchase. Simply bring in proof of the current lower price and your original receipt. We'll match the price at Guest Services. Please see our shop with confidence promise for additional details.

What are the Price Match Guarantee exclusions?
Clearance prices are not eligible. Target stores don't price match other Target stores, including Target Canada and CityTarget stores. We don't match prices that require a paid membership/loyalty fee. For details, please see our Price Match Guarantee exclusions.

Can a team member discount be used when price matching an item?
A team member discount cannot be used when matching to an online competitor price. Team members can use their discount when price matching a competitor's print ad or Target.com pricing only.

Don't do it.

Don't ask don't tell. Too late you already asked so don't do it now.

Are we allowed to use our discount and can we price match?
No, but it's completely unenforceable as long as you only buy the item in the store, then have whoever you're buying the item for pay you back away from spot.

Not for price matching unless it's a paper ad (IDK why) or target.com.

Whoops, I've price matched and used my discount once before. Didn't know it wasn't allowed.

I suspect that'd be as much if not more on the GSTM than you. I allowed a Sr. TL once to use a discount when pricematching, but at the time I didn't know it was a nono, and I honestly believe she didn't either.

...say its about 20-30ish different things, though. Should I tell a GSTL or AP or someone about it so they don't think its suspicious, since I generally don't buy a lot of that item, especially at once?

Only reason I need to do this is because we found a certain group of items at our store that no other store has, and after mentioning them to someone else, they were interested in picking them up. I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna price match or anything, I'll just buy them normally(but with my RedCard)

Last edited:
With the new return polcy why give a crap who pays or how much , you can steal stuff and return it and get a gift card for heavens sake and name your price on items with make the guest happy ..

What's the exact policy for buying items with intent to sell to someone else? Are we allowed to use our discount and can we price match?
I'm more concerned with you buying stuff to sell than using your discount with a price match. 20 or 30 items? AP will notice.

...you can't use your team member discount to buy merchandise for anyone who is going to pay you back.

Lol, we'll let customers literally steal from us. Once had a woman walk into the store. Go to RTW. Pick up a shirt. Then walk to the front and return it. Oh well. How do I know? The AP TL told me.

But we don't worry about that. Literal, outright theft. Might as well open the registers up.

So I can't believe any idiot would enforce this other stuff. At least they are paying for it.

I always have my In-Laws write me a check after or they give me cash beforehand if it is a more expensive item. All done outside of the store.

Price Match, I just go with what my store allows.

It's against policy to use your TM discount and price match, but so is half the weird shit they ask us to do for guests anyway.

I price matched a DVD player once and my ETL-GE let me use my discount, he didn't give a fuck. It just depends on the store though.
But, with that said, if you're buying large quantities of the item, they're probably more inclined to enforce that rule due to the fact that it looks like you could be purchasing to resell them. Just my two cents on it. And I really don't know if I would go tell AP about it, honestly I think that makes you look more suspicious.

"Hey, I'm about to purchase large quantities of an item, but I'm not going to resell them, I promise. I swear it's not what it looks like."
You can be sure they're going to monitor that transaction.

Except with Target.com, we can use our discounts. I'm assuming that's because if you where to just buy it online, you'd be using your discount anyway, so it's the same thing. I don't know why print adds are okay though. What's so special about a print add that lets me use my discount?

I'm still not clear if Cartwheel can be used for price matching though....

ANYWAY, the price matching is the least of your worries here. Using your discount with the intent to buy and then sell (which is basically what you're doing) merchandise is a big no-no. It violates the terms of your Discount. What you do outside Target, is up to you. But I wouldn't risk it. They can come in and buy it themselves.

I mean if you want to get fired go ahead. Target does track your employee sales and what you purchase. If you start to make a higher purchase percentage out of the norm, you will be audited by your internal fraud department and they can find out all kinds of info on you.

I'm still not clear if Cartwheel can be used for price matching though....

I don't allow it when I'm at the desk. For some reason, I want to say that I read somewhere that other discounts couldn't be combined with a price match, so no Cartwheel or coupons can be added to a price match.

My SrTL just told me last night that TMs are now allowed to use their discount with price match. Hella

From target.com it has been updated.

Price Match Guarantee
We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at Target then find the identical item for less at Target.com, select online competitors, or in Target’s or competitor’s local print ad. Price matches may be requested at time of purchase or Price adjustments within 14 days after purchase. The full list of online competitors is available online or at Guest Services.

Price Match Guarantee: the details
If you find a current lower price within 14 days after purchase, just bring in the proof and we will adjust your payment to the lower price, upon request. Target store price matches and adjustments are completed at the store at Guest Services. For Target.com purchases, call Target.com Guest Services at 1-800-591-3869.

Price Match Guarantee: guidelines and limitations, and exclusions
Guidelines and limitations:

• The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number. It must be in stock at the time of Price Match.
  • Online competitor matches are limited to items sold and fulfilled by the select competitors listed here.
  • The actual price of an item must be identifiable and valid at the time of match. We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item.
  • Please bring the entire printed ad, or show the online price or digital version of ad on your mobile device for proof of price. Original receipts or packing slips are required for price adjustments after purchase. Competitor catalogs can be matched as long as the price is identifiable and valid and all other price match criteria are met.
  • We match Target.com prices on in-store purchases and in-store prices for Target.com purchases. In-store price matches from other Target stores are excluded.
  • Price matches and adjustments will not be allowed for prices from Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving, whether offered by Target or a competitor.
  • Alaska and Hawaii Target stores are excluded from price matching online competitors.
  • No rainchecks will be issued for items out of stock at Target or Target.com. We do not price match competitors if they are out of stock.
  • Limit of one price match per identical item per guest for online competitor matches.
Exclusions:

• Clearance, closeout, liquidation sales, damaged, used, open package, refurbished, pre-owned, or rent/lease to own items, storewide or unspecific offers, non-branded items, or prices that only display on a website after guests log in.
  • Pricing or typographical errors, limited time or quantity offers, daily deals, coupon offers, credit card offers, gift card offers, financing, service offers, bundled offers, sales tax promotions, free items, rebates or mail-in offers.
  • Contract mobile phone plans or devices, Optical, Target Portrait Studio and Clinic offers, Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.), or game reservations.
  • “Marketplace” prices and prices from third party sellers will not be honored.
  • Cartwheel offers and Target coupons cannot be combined with price match. Manufacturer coupons will be applied after a price match is made per Target’s coupon policy. Please review our Store Coupon Policy for additional details.
  • Items containing alcohol will be subject to state-by-state regulations.
All matches are done against pre-tax prices; guest is responsible for applicable taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back