Archived By far the worst job i ever had...

How do you rate Traget. 0 Low - 5 High

Votes: 9 13.2%

Votes: 25 36.8%

Votes: 10 14.7%

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cutting the grass when i was a kid was better and i didn't get paid for it.

I getting a bit tired of seeing people always get away with things and complain about the work they have to do. People in the backroom are far the worst. They got it easy compared to being on floor. Plus they just can't seem to handle an item once. It has to be handle multiple times. I watched someone move a pallet 3 times before they was done with it. It was a nice face palm moment. Nothing is ever done right and alot of time is wasted. Like putting potatoes chip on the bottom of a pallet and putting boxed items on top. And stacking Gatorade on top of open packs of Gatorade. Very smart.

Doing things right the first time & smarter and not harder isn't Targets best friend. The training is by far sub-par as sucks. The people i work with a mostly lazy. I don't know how they stay out of trouble and not get into trouble. So i would have to say about 60% of the people who handle items in the way of stocking them finds a way to make putting one item on the shelf the longest way they can. If you can dodge a wrench, You can dodge a ball. Not at my store. How are they still working.

So how many people here. Buy there lunch, wash your hands, put lunch in mirco, then clock out for your 30 mins. I'm getting tired of seeing that go down. Then when the 30mins is up. They clock back in and sit down for 5-10 more mins. So they get about a 45-60mins lunch. Talk about getting it right in the side. But the better part is. If the person who is really working that day is late just by 1min. They get a new hole put in them. Like if your doing cardboard on a truck day.

Speaking of truck day. I love it when people come back with carts filled of cardboard and just push them into the backroom. Someone in the back always has the key. If not ask for it. Target does not employee a cardboard dog and i'm not your dog. It's your work you do it. Most of the time they tell you i have other things to do. Sure they do.

In other news how many people here does the repack boxes in C & D with out a PDA. Must be nice to have the use of a PDA. But when you work with out a PDA and Target loves to flex items on the shelf's to make them look full. It kinda makes your job alot harder. So back stock it goes. Then when the outs team does there little PDA thing and checks stocks. They will skip over the item that was flexed out. Yea Target... Flex it more. I know what your thinking. You can check to see the location at a scanner. You can also check it in a backstock stock pile. Because i'm not wasting my time walking an item down tot he middle of C&D to scan something.

In P-Fresh is it so hard to break down the pallet when they come in and put the items on cages. I have a better idea. Lets put the pallet on a flat and push it out to the floor. This way the pallet hangs off teh side of the flat about 6-8 inches per side. Very smart dog indeed.

Also what with pushing flats anyway. They pile the boxes so high on them you can see anything. I already hit an employee with one. It would be safer to pull them then push them if your going to stack them 8 feet high. Or maybe just learn how to stack them on a flat would be great.

Then when the pulls in the morning come out. I love having C&D items in the A pulls in the morning. Nothing says wasting time like walking over to C&D to put a basket away.

I'm getting way to tired of the way Target runs it stores.

There are always people who will not do their job efficiently, but you're saying you don't like when people complain about their job and work they have to do, and you're doing exactly that...

This is the place to rant.
Everybody understands your frustration.

I'd have to say that while Target has some serious issues and I was at the butt end of a major one, I have actually had much worse jobs.
Until you've worked the slime line in a fish processing plant it's hard to say what a nasty job is.

I'd have to say that while Target has some serious issues and I was at the butt end of a major one, I have actually had much worse jobs.
Until you've worked the slime line in a fish processing plant it's hard to say what a nasty job is.

This. Or watch that "Dirty Jobs" show.

Rural paper delivery outside of my hometown for a college summer job.

It covered a about 8 major neighborhoods and then the main roads with over 400 customers. Everything had to be delivered from 4am-7amMon-Sat, 4am-8am on Sun. by vehicle.

On this paper job, I had to obtain a bond to cover insurance costs just to get the job. Then the newspaper would bill me depending on the number of payment due subscriptions at the end of each month, then I would have to collect that money from the customers to pay the newspaper. Anything extra was my earnings.

It gets confusing when some customers pay the paper directly for the year or each month, or pay the delivery at the end of the month. Then figure out which houses had delivery put on hold for a period of time.

And the area I delivered in had people living on social security who didn't get their SS check until after the first week of the month. Or people who would not pay until they were reminded 2-3times, or flat out refused to pay. I would then get stuck paying the bill after delivering a months worth of papers.

Some people would demand a receipt. But the only thing the newspaper gave deliverers were small payment books. It would have been easier if all the customers paid the paper directly.

And the basic rule of thumb was that each day's delivery should end with only one extra paper. But even going by the exact route directions and payment books, I would end up with 10-20 papers each day.

But after leaving that job, I started seeing a lot of the customers get arrested for DUIs, domestic assault, shoplifting at Walmart, or production of meth.

Then the tons of gas used driving the 20 mile route for 4 hours each early morning.

Last edited:

This. Or watch that "Dirty Jobs" show.

They are showing on Animal Planet most Tuesdays.

My other job has many small tasks that have to be completed by a certain time and I am constantly working. It's different than target even though at target I have to get the CAFs done and sometimes have my FAs. My target job is pretty laid back, maybe because I've been doing it for so long. Target can be much less realistic on their expectations though.

I worked a temp job at a meat packing plant. 10 hour shifts in a freezer, just putting meat into shipping containers. I'll take Target over that any day.

The cardboard thing drives me craaaaazy! Nobody does it unless the flow or BR .TL, or the Log ETL flat out tells them to. So 2:30 rolls around, everyone is like, oh, bye StackerMistress, have a good night, and there are 5 overflowing cages of cardboard and 8 carts of cardboard left for me. If pulls are big enough all day (like they tend to be on the weekend), I won't get to cardboard until after I come back from lunch at 6:30.

Then they come in the next day and whine because I didn't get enough backstock done... when I spent an hour cleaning up the mess they left me.

I getting a bit tired of seeing people always get away with things and complain about the work they have to do. People in the backroom are far the worst. They got it easy compared to being on floor. Plus they just can't seem to handle an item once. It has to be handle multiple times. I watched someone move a pallet 3 times before they was done with it. It was a nice face palm moment. Nothing is ever done right and alot of time is wasted. Like putting potatoes chip on the bottom of a pallet and putting boxed items on top. And stacking Gatorade on top of open packs of Gatorade. Very smart.
There's no way being on the floor is easy compared to Backroom. Sales Floor does what? Zone, Reshop and responds to backup? That's about it unless you're in a more specialized area.

Backroom deals with the backstock, bales, cardboard, autofills, CAF pulls, the FREEZER, heavy ass stuff no one else in the store would be caught lifting, pulling things for sales floor instead of them doing it themselves all while stopping their TIMED processes to assist when needed.

Both are very different jobs but to say being on floor is harder, is just a flat out life. BR does the grunt work, which is usually the hardest whereever you go.

There's no way being on the floor is easy compared to Backroom. Sales Floor does what? Zone, Reshop and responds to backup? That's about it unless you're in a more specialized area.

Backroom deals with the backstock, bales, cardboard, autofills, CAF pulls, the FREEZER, heavy ass stuff no one else in the store would be caught lifting, pulling things for sales floor instead of them doing it themselves all while stopping their TIMED processes to assist when needed.

Both are very different jobs but to say being on floor is harder, is just a flat out life. BR does the grunt work, which is usually the hardest whereever you go.

You forgot flexible fulfilment. Pulling exf. As well as helping SF with there stuff when you finish. I always get asked to cover someone's break or lunch and yesterday when we finished our backroom stuff they asked us to help with reshop and pulls.

I had the worst job. I was a restroom attendant in a trashy nightclub.

Women are awful.

Okay, that's in the neighborhood of the slime line but at least you didn't go home smelling like fish guts every night.

I would argue that beer farts and vomit are nearly as bad. And gutting fish doesn't involve the constant emotional torture:

"ERMAHGERD! You WORK in here? In the BATHROOM?"
"Yup. This is my office!"
"ERMAHGERD! Like, what do you DO? Don't you HATE IT?"
"I keep things clean, mostly."
"ERMAHGERD! Is that stuff, like, FREE?" (points to the tray of mints, hair ties, q-tips, etc. that I bought with my own money)
"Well, I buy all of it, and you basically pay what you want."
"Oh. So like, I'm just, like, gonna take a few of these. But I don't have any money or anything. But it's just mints, alright? Like, next time I come in I'll totally hook you up. You work hard."
"Thanks. I hope you die in a fire."

Repeat every five minutes for 8 hours.

Last month I got a phone call,
'hey, can you come over to this apartment, I have a situation'

Me- thinking 'its a sunny June friday I purposely scheduled no work for'. I replied 'Maybe, care to elaborate on the situation before I decide?'

Caller- I can't talk right now, just can you meet me in 30 minutes?

Me - ok, I'll swing by

Caller- btw bring a mask and suit if you have one.
Click

Me- Ummm.

Get there and the landlord says heres the key I'm not going in there. Put your mask on.

Seems a pack rat, hoarder type had died and no one found him for a couple weeks.
Never have I seen so many maggots

Ive got more of those stories but the rest of you probably want to keep your lunch down

Me- thinking 'its a sunny June friday I purposely scheduled no work for'. I replied 'Maybe, care to elaborate on the situation before I decide?'

Me - ok, I'll swing by

Click

Me- Ummm.

Get there and the landlord says heres the key I'm not going in there. Put your mask on.

Seems a pack rat, hoarder type had died and no one found him for a couple weeks.

Ive got more of those stories but the rest of you probably want to keep your lunch down

*takes the worst job crown off her head and hands it over*

Here. Take this. I think it's yours.

You could be In-Stocks and we do all that and more when needed. And guests? Stick my arthritic back in the freezer all day, still not as painful as guests.

To the OP. Suck it up buttercup. :)

I have hot tarred roofs, poured cement and done mechanic work all in So. Cal. heat in my past and being female I will take target over that any day. Target still not as horrible as some cushy office jobs I have had. People made my life hell, the work easy office politics made me needs meds to deal.

This won't be your last job, so take it in and just know you are stronger than this job.

....and I thought cleaning up a daycare after closing was bad.
Stepchild, you shoulda gotten combat pay for some of that.

So how many people here. Buy there lunch, wash your hands, put lunch in mirco, then clock out for your 30 mins. I'm getting tired of seeing that go down. Then when the 30mins is up. They clock back in and sit down for 5-10 more mins. So they get about a 45-60mins lunch. Talk about getting it right in the side. But the better part is. If the person who is really working that day is late just by 1min. They get a new hole put in them. Like if your doing cardboard on a truck day.

That's time theft, it's the same as stealing from the company. You ought to report that to AP, or even HR if don't know your AP team. Please include a day/time of this actually happening so they have specific details to help them look into it.

Me - ok, I'll swing by

Click

Me- Ummm.

That happened to my uncle. He dripped through the first floor into the basement. My brothers and dad cleaned it up.

So, I worked at a pizza place for several years. It was a small, family owned operation. The family is the rudest bunch of people you would ever meet...and they would run each other over at the end of the day if they could.

The brother was a pincher. The father was a nipple grabber (guys only, thankfully). Seriously. What sort of person owns a business and does this to their employees. We were never allowed breaks or lunches no matter how long we worked that day. Mistakes were dealt with by lots and lots of yelling. Reviews and raises did not exist. It was also over 12o degrees in there in the summer.

Target is a dream job compared to that hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back