Archived Callbox hypotheticals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, today during my shift, I had a guest ring me from an electronics callbox while I was standing in the boat. I realized that, within 10 feet of my boat on either side, are two more callboxes, over near the cameras, and over near the Wii U display. So...now I'm wondering, because I wouldn't actually try any of this in real life...

If I were to hit the callboxes, sequentially, in order, what would happen? Would they all be active simultaneously? Would the walkie give out the automated "Service needed in electronics. Who's responding?" three times, inevitably confusing the rest of the store as they heard the message repeat a second and third time? And if there's not a max amount of callboxes that can be active at once, what's to stop someone from going into the store, going around the racetrack, and hitting off every callbox, essentially halting the flow of the store as team members go running around frantically trying to shut off as many as they can?

Hoping this is more interesting than a simple "only one callbox can be active at a time". Though, limiting the amount of active callboxes in the store at any given time would be a wise solution to keep the store running smoothly.

All the buttons in electronics shout out different areas ("fast service needed in electronics, phones, video games etc.)
Yes, multiple buttons can go off at the same time, and yes, it sucks.

ive been tempted to push the call buttons as I walked around the store... but I just cant do it! lol

I've thrown people out of my store for running around hitting boxes.
I had an guest think it would be fun to relocate the seasonal button since it's not tied down...it went to third call...we finally found it and he explained he did it and i let him have it..."you realize we get scored on this? " "I'll tell your boss what happened" "yeah hq sees the numbers and my boss has to account for them" rawr.

Our store had a booster do this around the elec boat as a distraction but he got confronted by the ETL-AP who happened to be there.

Sometimes signals from other nearby businesses will alert a call button alert we can't do anything about. That's always fun.

All the buttons in electronics shout out different areas ("fast service needed in electronics, phones, video games etc.)
Yes, multiple buttons can go off at the same time, and yes, it sucks.

If they were all programmed with the same code, you could, in theory, have multiple call buttons that say the same thing. But please don't ever do this if you value your life.

Had a guest hit Video Games 1 then when no one came quick enough hit Video Games 2. It was callbox city in video games with TMs scrambling to get over there quick. One almost went to third.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back